♡. . . ikigai

ikigai (noun) - a reason for being

˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥ now playing ; just friends by virginia to vegas

JOON'S NEW FAVORITE
HOBBY: BOTHERING ECHO

"Echo, it's just a day at the beach, you don't have to take your whole kitchen, we can just come back if you forget something."

Echo spun on her heel, sundress spinning with her as she turned to face Joon, eyes bright with her characteristic childlike wonderment. "Joon, do you know what happens when someone forgets something?" She glided past him, steps reverberating across the kitchen floor as she threw open her picnic basket. "Because someone will forget something, and when they do, they'll be too lazy to get up and go get it." She spun again, in that same graceful motion, eyes catching the fading light of the sun as echo threw open her pantry door, digging for something.

"So?" Joon cocked his head, moving to push himself up on the empty island in the kitchen, crossing his legs as he watched Echo's movements.

"So. What if someone forgets sunscreen? Or a sunhat? Or water?"

"Then we can go and get those things." Joon buried a laugh, pushing himself off the counter as Echo went towards the sink, carrying the pitcher of whatever she'd been making previously with her. Her face contorted, and she sent Joon a half-hearted glare, before turning back to the drink. Joon sauntered over to her, looking over her shoulder after she unscrewed the lid. "What are you making?"

Echo responded with another huff, casting another semi-heartfelt scowl at him before returning to her work. "It's a smoothie, for all of us, you know." She hefted the pitcher up on the counter, brushing her hands off. "I just have to find a better way to carry it."

"I could carry it, you know. I'm big and strong." A characteristic grin worked it's way up his face, and mischief flickered over his tongue as he reached over to grasp the pitcher, "Besides how heavy-"

"Wait Joon, the top isn't-"

Too little. Too late. Cold strawberry smoothie splattered all down his white t-shirt, sending chilling vibrations down to his abdomen, and a strangled yelp escaped him as he scrambled back away from the fallen concoction of fruit, shame almost immediately flickering alongside it. His cheeks warmed as he watched Echo blink, then cover her mouth with her hand as she stifled a giggle. Although it didn't work much, the bubbly sound escaped her anyway. 

"Echo!" His scolding sounded too flustered, but he pressed onward anyway, "It's not funny!"

Echo laughed again, bolder this time as she skittered around the newly formed puddle, to the back of Joon instead. "It's a little funny." Her protest only made his cheeks flare up more, and he crossed his arms over his chest petulantly.