♡. . . jiva

jiva (noun) - vital life force

˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥ now playing ; fearless pt.II by lost sky 

CASSIAN DIDN'T APPRECIATE THE
UNIVERSE GIFTING CUE THE ABILITY
TO SURF BETTER THAN HIM

Damn Cue, and his evidently natural ability to do anything, everything, and whatever the fuck was beyond that.

Granted, Cue had said that he'd had more than a millenia to practice, and Cassian only had one lifetime, but still. It was especially irritating watching Cue sit with his board with Cordelia, who looked about as ecstatic that he thought was capable of, while he was alone on his own, watching the pulsing waves under the moon.

The skies above him were quickly darkening, beams of soft starfire raining down against the ocean before them, illuminating the crashing shores of Elysian.

At least it was pretty.

It'd be prettier if Asia was here.

Cassian bit his tongue, resisting the urge to turn his head to gain a glimpse of the very person that plagued his thoughts. He could feel her haunting eyes on him, sharp and analyzing, but damn her, he would not give her the satisfaction of buckling under the pressure of being watched.

Another part of him, prompted him to look, to catch her gaze, if only to be able to tease her about it later. Although, if he did that, she'd likely look away, and wouldn't spare him another glance in fear of being caught staring. Frankly, Cassian liked her attention, even if she didn't seem to like him all that much.

Asia was just so Asia. Lethally beautiful, and hauntingly mysterious. Sharp-minded and sharp-mouthed, with everyone but Echo, it seemed. Then again, who would dare insult Echo, especially with someone like Asia behind her. She had so many secrets, so much story in her, and Cassian was desperate for it.

A scowl pulled at his mouth, and for a brief second, Cassian closed his eyes, feeling the spray of the sea against his face.

It didn't really matter anyway, if Asia returned his feelings, it wouldn't last. It's not like Cassian wouldn't try to make it last, but most of his relationships ended in horrible, gut-wrenching, soul-crushing, heartbreak.

That's probably why Cue picked him anyway.

Even with all those thoughts that lingered in his mind, he couldn't have helped falling for Asia. Not that she noticed, or knew, or would ever know, because he planned on taking it to the grave.