♡. . . hiraeth

hiraeth (noun) - a homesickness for a home you cannot return to, or that never was

˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥ now playing ; kind love by bears in trees

FREDDIE WAS PRETTY SURE THE
GROUND SPINNING BENEATH
HIM WAS A BAD SIGN

No way in hell Freddie Harrow was sick.

Frederick Harrow didn't get sick. At least, he hadn't in a long, long time. Apparently, now was the time for change. Fitting, he supposed, he was an immortal now after all.

Wait a second, were immortals even supposed to get sick?

Is that a thing?

He supposed they could break their wings, so he guessed so. Which sorta fucking sucked for him - well actually, no it didn't, because he wasn't sick. Not at all. Not even a little.

If only it worked like that.

The earth smelled cool, mist rolling off the incline of hills that remained on the far side of the island, softening the dirt beneath them. Echo stood across from him, stretching her arms up into the sky. She was speaking, he could hear it, but the words were soft and muffled, like he was under water. Echo was naturally soft-spoken, but especially today, apparently. She'd invited him to morning yoga with her, in the misty morning of Elysian. He'd gladly accepted. Not all that far away, he knew that Amir was training with Cue.

Poor Amir.

Freddie had trained with Cue once, but he didn't think it had been very beneficial, but still, Cue had been surprisingly patient, which was odd, considering some of the stories that the others had told them about their rigorous training sessions.

The only one who didn't seem to mind them all that much, was Cassian. Then again, Cassian also looked like he could play the motorcycle jock in any highschool tv series in the 2000's or something. Sometimes he thought Cue was going easy on him, or that he didn't think as highly of him as he thought of the others. Freddie really wouldn't have blamed him, the others did seem fairly important, and much more capable too.

Besides, he got to do yoga with Echo this morning. It was really nice to be invited to something. Echo took one of them everyday of the week, and because today was Tuesday, it was his turn.

Echo was so graceful, even in the morning, with a half-bandaged wing. She moved with a particular elegance that was difficult to replicate, a dancer's elegance. That's what his grandfather used to say, anyway. Some people had such a lightness to them, such a delicate balance, as if every step was taken on a fragile pair of glass slippers.