♡. . . gadabout

gadabout (noun) - a person who travels often to many different places, especially for pleasure

˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥ now playing ; runaway kids by harbour

AMIR THOUGHT CUE
MIGHT SECRETLY BE
TRYING TO KILL HIM

"Get up."

Cue was relentless. That's something that Amir had realized the moment they started to train. Straining, he pushed himself up on his arms, heaving a heavy breath into the misty morning air. The day was beginning cool, a fresh breeze rolling off the side of the sea, into the mouths of nearby caves. It was a beautiful sight.

It would have been much more enjoyable without Cue hounding him about how important this was. But, no, heaven forbid he have some kind of break.

Still, Amir found his footing, standing up. Cue was standing before him, arms crossed over his chest, tilting his head. Less in a cute way, more in a you're doing it wrong head tilt. Course, he didn't think that Cue would say it outloud. At least not right away. Cue didn't seem like the person who liked to admit when he was wrong.

He'll find out.

Find out that Amir was not the man for this job, certainly someone else was better qualified. Anyone else, really, but for now, Cue thought he was the person for the job, and Amir would do anything to keep it that way. Unlike some of the others, or so they said, he liked it here. And yes, of course it was a little scary, but it was also so new.

It was a new chance, a new life. It had meaning and purpose, and Amir wanted it. He also wanted a set of wings, but he very much doubted that Cue would just hand them over. How would one go about wings anyway? Would he even want them now? After the little showcase Cue had put on?

He'd have to ask Echo if they were worth it.

Amir drew in a laboring breath, resetting his feet. Cue narrowed his eyes at the action, clicking his tongue. "You look like you're going to fall over."

"I am, this is exhausting."

Cue blinked, as if he was merely registering this comment. "You're tired?"

"Yes"

"Too bad." Cue took his stance, stray hair falling into his face as he shifted his feet against the ground, and Amir could nearly feel him brace himself, looking back up at Amir. "Try again."

Try again.

As if that would suddenly make him successful. As if the words, try again, actually meant anything, and not just another opportunity to show Cue what a failure he was. As if another chance might mean that Amir was meant to be here, that he belonged here, with the others.