♡. . . forelsket

forelsket ( adj. ) - the euphoria you experience when you are first falling in love

˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥ now playing ; alone pt. II

ANASTASIA WAS
UNDERSTANDABLY EXHAUSTED

An unwarranted sigh fell through Anastasia as she looked up from where she was sitting. Against the windowsill, staring out the large window, watching the rain as it fell from the skies. She could smell the sea still, blue eyes following the sharp coastline as the waves pulsed like some kind of living thing.

The book on her lap, marked with a ribbon for where she had left off, sat unappreciated. Her thoughts wandered elsewhere, out towards the direction she believed her family might be. Irritatingly enough, mindless thoughts floated in and out of her ears, matching in rhythm with the drifting rain before her. Absently, Asia pressed fingertips to the chilled surface of the glass, instead turning her head to see the forest that thickened behind her. A winding trail from the front of her house vanishing into it – towards the main cabin instead. A trail that would lead her to Cordelia's new home eventually.

It'd been new, to come here, to have a home now to herself. One she didn't have to pay off, or mortgage, or focus on where the fuck everything came from. Like electricity. And running water. And plumbing systems. No, of course it was all magic. Anastasia found it unnerving, but she wouldn't lie and say it wasn't convenient at the least. She was sure the others would agree with her. It was an odd place, but it was far more welcoming than most of the places she'd grown up.

Then again, the bar wasn't set very high.

Clicking her tongue against the roof of her mouth, Asia stood, casting the book aside onto the padded windowsill of her home. She could hear the flickering of the fireplace, the one beginning to smolder, in her bedroom - away from the music room where she now stood. Her eyes turned to admire the grand piano that sat in the center, her violin carefully tucked away for the moment.

Anastasia would rather bitch and scream, then thank Cue for nearly anything - but she was grateful to get to bring some of the little pieces with her. Likely her parents would have thrown it out if it didn't appear useful to them anyways.

The soft rumble of thunder turned her attention back to the storm, but again, she only shook them away, making her way down the hallway, towards the kitchen.

The rain always made her want to bake.

It was odd like that, but there was something euphoric about it. Something just a little bit softer, that she only felt safe indulging in when it was dark and stormy outside. That bit of vulnerability, when the skies mirrored how she often felt on the inside.