♡. . . kalon

kalon (noun) - a beauty that is more than skin deep

˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥ now playing ; i don't wanna know by goldhouse + mokita 

ECHO WAS REALLY TIRED
OF ALL HER PLANS FAILING

This plan meant something, it wasn't something Echo could just fuck up and expect Cue to fix - no, this was her plan. And it was going to work. 

Either that, or Echo was going to die trying.

Run.

Echo's lungs burned with every step. Chest screaming. Soul blazing. But she couldn't stop, she wouldn't stop because Asia was in there, and Echo was ready to fight like hell to get her back. It was dark, and scary, and Echo hated being here, but she wasn't ready to watch her family fall apart again. She didn't think she'd ever really be ready for that to happen again.

Run.

You're never really ready for these things though. Not ever. It sorta just happens anyway. Echo wasn't ready then, when her family was oh so unfairly ripped away from her. It's happened twice now. Once, in the fall of Greece, when she'd gained more than a few scars up her skin - scars that Joon had called beautiful only moments ago . . .

Run.

Despite the weight of the darkness, and the fear that was quickly beginning to overrun her thoughts, deep in the pit of her stomach, something stirred. Warmth bloomed upwards against her abdomen, quickly chasing away the bitter cold that had begun to sting her skin. Echo didn't know if it was just the thought of someone in particular, or the re-ignited determination that she'd rapidly been gaining with every vibration she felt in the earth beneath her.

Run.

The second time, it was only at the fault of her own. Echo knew that. Cue had warned her. She'd decided against her better judgment - her husband, in that life, he was sweet, and charming, and much too charismatic for his own good. Echo truly hadn't planned on falling in love, but you don't really plan on that kind of thing. To be fair, Echo hadn't planned much on this either. Again, she felt that pulse, this time dipping into earth, sending a reverberation across the ground around her. For a brief moment, she saw angry briars, contorted, dying trees, light up with starlight, before vanishing back into the pit of darkness from whence they came. Everything felt so angry, twisted, violent thoughts dredged up from the ground, slipping against her skin as she narrowly dodged a branch that would have knocked her breathless.