♡. . . lacuna

lacuna (noun) - a blank space + a missing part

˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥ faded by alan walker

ASIA HAD THE WORST
HEADACHE ON THE PLANET

Asia woke up to some of the most irritatingly bright, fluorescent lights she'd ever seen. They were stark against blinding white walls, threatening to make her already pulsing head spiral into complete agony.

Squinting up at the plain ceiling, she raised her hand to shield the overdone light bulbs that were beginning to split her head in two. Burying a groan of pain, she pushed herself up on her elbows at first, slowly attempting to recollect what exactly had happened.

The last thing Anastasia remembered was pressing her fingertips against Echo's forehead, excited for one of the first times to get some answers. Then . . .

Then she'd been falling. Too far and too fast for something to stop her. Clawing at slick black cliffs, as she fell down into the depths of whatever power she summoned. She got what Echo meant now, at least. It was a well of power after all, Asia just hadn't been able to find the beginning of it at first. There had been nothing to stop her from tumbling into eternal darkness.

Asia remembered the fear, the panic, and vaguely recalled a voice - one that reverberated in her head, collided with the dark monstrosities that her own mind had dredged up from incomprehensible darkness.

And then there had been a light, a scream of magic, that blazed its own path into the dark. Fierce, and impossibly vibrant. It had almost reached her too - Asia could see the outstretched hand, it had brushed her stiffening fingers, before it had collapsed all on its own into the ache of the void.

Everything had gone quiet after that, and she'd found herself alone again, but it hurt less this time. There weren't angry serpents, spinning lies. No fire-freckled demons, chanting ominously. No anxious and overbearing monsters, lurking under the unturned stones of her brain. It was just quiet.

A starry kind of darkness. The kind that you look outside, and think about how beautiful the world is. Soft, and sweet, and incomprehensibly comforting in its own little way. Such an enrapturing kind of tranquility that had wrapped her up in something safe, something warm and familiar.

Something like home.

Not the kind of home she grew up in, though, but the kind of home she'd crafted for herself on the island of Elysian. Something that felt like it was beyond a home. As much as she hated to say it, it did feel a little bit like a family. Her family. It wasn't like her mortal family - or, immediate, at least. Her parents, who despised whatever she did, no matter how hard she tried.

Her grandparents were different, of course, but they always had been. They'd been exactly the kind of people that Asia sometimes wished she was. Her grandmother, the fiercest woman alive, if she wanted something, nothing would stand in her way. Her grandfather was her biggest fan - he'd always been her biggest fan. He wasn't always the most physically capable in the room, but he was someone that Asia could talk too, and that in itself was a victory well earned.