♡. . . whelve

whelve (verb) - to hide

˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥ wonder by morgxn

IF IT'S ONE THING CUE IS,
IT'S FUCKING TIRED

Cue manages a grumble to himself while adjusting the safety glasses over his face. He's glad that none of the other's are around, mostly because he knows the majority of them would just poke fun. They are necessary, however, and Cue's made it thousands of years without injuring an eye, he's certainly not going to just ignore the precautions.

Instead, he turns his attention to the two thick wood doors in front of him. One of them is Echo's old door, and the other is Joons. It's become painfully obvious that Echo's house is pretty much beyond repair, so instead, Cue's gonna carve one out for the both of them to put on Joon's house again. It'd be a few days before Echo's old one vanished, just as long as Cue had removed all magical implements. Fortunately, most of them were connected to the front door, so it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

It was true that he could simply just reset Echo's house, but that could potentially take much longer than just meshing the two together. Once Cue finished the inscription for the both of them, the house would adapt as needed, following the guidelines of said implements that arcanically connected the carved runes to Echo and Joon themselves.

Sighing softly, he shook the thoughts from his head, pushing up the glasses to pinch the bridge of his nose. Maybe he was too old for this. Certainly, he wasn't going to say that however, because he was still in the best shape of his life - or, lives, but exhaustion was weighing heavy on his shoulders. It was probably just from flying for a couple days straight, which admittedly, might not have been the best idea, but Echo had been gone.

And maybe just a little bit of it was Cue's fault.

He's not saying all of it was, but he's also not going to brush aside the overwhelming sense of strangling guilt that seems to have a chokehold on him. He should have taught her better, should have looked more into her abilities, should have done something.

Certainly, he could have done something, couldn't he?

God, I'm exhausted.

Shaking the sleep from his head, he pushed off of the bench he'd been sitting on in front of his worktable, moving around to select a good carving knife. It hadn't been that long since he'd done this, only around eight months, but he hadn't done a jointed door in a while. Not that they were that much harder, but it did require special precision.

It was fine, he had to practice anyway. He was pretty sure at some point in the future, the other's would want to move in with their significant others anyway. Cassian already spent the majority of his time at Asia's, so it wouldn't come as that much of a surprise. That being said, he'd have to get their confirmation before actually doing it. He only had a few days to complete Joon's anyway, even if his house was long from beginning to deteriorate. Calloused hands skimmed over the arrangement of carving knives, before selecting a set that he'd gotten only two decades ago from one of his own old friends.