♡. . . epilogue

˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥  will you grow old with me by built by titan; skybourne

CUE AND CORDELIA GOT MARRIED ON THE 21ST OF SEPTEMBER

ON THE 21ST OF SEPTEMBER

Echo found the fact that they were wed on the international day of peace particularly fitting. Cue had selected the date for that reason, actually, something about superstition. Echo agreed. She was definitely a little superstitious, even if really there was nothing much behind it. Even then, Cue deeply believed in karma and luck, and seeing as she was raised by him, so did she.

Rays of light beamed into the window of her bedroom in Joon's house - or well, their house now. Cue had finished their joint door in that familiar language, unspoken for millenia. It was prettily suited for the house, and already Echo could see the familiar effects of her own interests and adorations decorating the house. She was already fond of the layout as it was, and had now real desire to change the furniture or anything of that sort, especially because it made Joon so happy to have part of his culture so close to him. Scattered rainbows shot from her suncatcher against the window, sending sparkling coloration into the room.

Echo's own smile warmed as she blinked up at the mirror, admiring her dress. It was a deep amber, her favorite color. Coated in honey, and dipped in liquid sunlight, she gave herself a little spin in the mirror, watching the skirts fluff and twirl. She'd always preferred flowing dresses anyway, they felt much more flattering. The dress itself was backless and off the shoulder, before flowing out into shining fabric. The burns over her arms were scarred over, still visible, but Echo loved her dress anyway.

It was just like the others said, they didn't make her any less beautiful.

What's a few scars in the sunlight?

She felt the hair on her arms raise, and her head whipped back to the doorway, where Joon was leaning against the frame, a wicked grin snaking up his face. "No, no, please continue putting on such a lovely show for me."

Echo could only roll her eyes, iris sparkling with amusement as she went over to him, ducking past his arm as she shook her head. "This is not for you."

A hand snaked over her waist, turning her around and pushing her back to the wall, Joon's grin bright and bold, raising an eyebrow at her, "It could be though."

Despite the heat quickly rising to her cheeks, Echo scoffed, crossing her arms over her chest before running her eyes over him. He did look very handsome, after all. He was wearing a black dress pants, with a pretty amber button-up, one that matched her dress and accented the muscular figure he'd been working on since being here. With a brown belt, and matching leather shoes, he certainly did deserve the admiration.

"What? Like what you see, Echo?" His grin is daunting, and with mock irritation, Echo gives a mild-mannered shrug, ducking under his arm once again.

"I've seen better."