♡. . . zephyr

zephyr (noun) - a gentle, refreshing breeze

˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥ bounty on my head by grizfolk

CORDELIA ALWAYS HAD
SILENT NIGHTMARES

Cue blinked awake, staring at the dark ceiling before pushing himself up on his elbows, looking over to the opposing side of his bed. Cordelia was sitting up, looking at her fingers as she picked at them. Cue frowned a little, pushing himself to sit up beside her, watching her face for a minute.

Cordelia's eyes were downcast, crossing her legs before closing them and looking up towards the ceiling. "You're staring."

"You're pretty." Cue's response was gentle, glancing at her hands before looking back to her face, "Nightmare?"

"Mm."

"So, yes." He nodded slowly, keeping his own hands clasped in front of him the same way. "What about?" Cordelia's eyes remained shut, squeezing them tighter as she shook her head slightly. Cue waited a moment for an answer, but when she didn't offer a response, he shifted in front of her, standing on his knees to tilt her head up to him instead, pressing a kiss against her mouth, "Cordy, come on." He pressed another kiss to the corner of her mouth, pulling back to watch her eyes blink open, looking up at him.

"I couldn't get out." Cue sat back down on his knees, keeping his hand underneath her chin as he ducked his head into her neck, spreading soft, romantic affection up her neck, waiting for her to continue. He felt her arms thread around his own after a moment, closing her eyes again against the warmth. "My door, you know, in the dreams? I couldn't open mine to get to the other's. It was stuck, or something." Her voice caught, not on emotion, but rather on hesitance about the dream itself.

"That's all, sweetheart?" Cue ducked his head again, pressing a kiss to her throat before moving to the other side.

"Mm." Cue kissed up to the shell of her ear, feeling Cordelia's head drop into his chest, tugging him closer to her.

"Mm?"

She sighed then, deeply, opening her eyes again before pulling back, eyes downcast to trace the tattoos sketched over scars on his chest. "No."

"No?" Cue watched her for a moment, once again tilting her head up, "What else?"

Cordelia pressed her warm palm against his chest, leaning into his hand a little. "You know the night we started like..not dating, but-"

"When Echo's magic freaked out?"

"Yeah." She sighed again, voice quieting, "Uh, it was about that..night." Cue paused then, frowning more, eyebrows furrowing as he stroked his thumb over her cheek. Soft moonlight bled into the room, speckling shadows in between the leaves of the scattered trees along the beachline. Again, her eyes shot from his, looking out towards the window. Twittering sounds vanished among the thicket, echoing in soft waves against the opposing sea. "He was there." Cue can feel her draw in a slow, even breath. "He was in my head."