Chapter 20 - Father and Son

"Let's go, Han's waiting on us." Finn said, letting Rey go.

Rey then followed Finn back to the elevator where he came from, then led her back to the security room. She was perplexed when she saw the security droid and the unconscious personnel but remained silent.

"The factory's  on a camera called 'B2.'" Han told them.

Chewbacca then asked Han what they'd do with the security droid. In response to this, Han prepared to destroy the droid, but it stopped him.

"No need, no need! I'll deactivate myself!" The droid shouted, throwing its hands up again.

Han made a half smirk and chuckled, before firing at the droid's head, creating a small explosion. The droid's body then collapsed onto the floor with a loud clank. Afterwards, the group headed back to the elevator.

Finn then opened his backpack and pulled out his flight jacket, handing it to Rey.

"Thanks." Rey said before putting it on.

≜ ≜ ≜

The hangar of the Altruist was a large white space with warm lights. A large light blue shield facing a long tunnel, which led into open Space was closed by a hangar door seconds prior. After getting out of Black One, and noticing how badly damaged it was, Poe fell to the ground on account of pure exhaustion and fear. Multiple pilots glanced at him, some with expressions of approval, others without. BB-8 then exited his cockpit and landed on the ground next to Dameron. Tallissan, along with Daybreak Three, Aether Two, and Aether Four all looked upon Poe, who slammed his fist on the floor.

"Poe. . . the ship can be fixed." Lintra attempted to reassure him.

"The ship's not important!" Poe quickly said, looking up at Tallissan. "Half of our squadrons are gone!"

". . . We can rebuild them. C'mon, let's head to the bridge. The Grand General's probably waiting for us." Lintra said, getting Poe back to his feet.

"A Two and Four, you both did your job well." Poe said. "Aether and Daybreak Squadron are the reason we're still standing. Rest easy until our next assignment."

"Yes, Major Dameron." Aether Two and Four responded with a salute.

"The same goes for you, Daybreak Three. We may be the last members of our squadron, but we're not out for the count."

Daybreak Three simply nodded, before following the other members of Aether squadron out of the hangar. Tallissan, Poe, and BB-8 left the hangar just as numerous mechanics and droids were rushing towards the damaged starfighters. As the three made their way to one of the unused elevators in the hall outside the hangar, the three ascended to the level where the ship's bridge was. As the elevator traveled, Poe noticed that his hands were still shaking, something he hadn't experienced since his days as a cadet. When the two officers arrived on the primary bridge, 3PO turned, most likely waiting for them.

"Majors Dameron and Lintra, the Grand General and Archon Syrtis are over there." The protocol droid said, pointing to the seat where Organa and Syrtis were looking at the two commanders disapprovingly.

Poe and Tallissan walked over to Leia and Corrin, with the Archon huffing.

"You two," Corrin began, with a reserved, but obviously angry tone. "I want you both to look at this monitor and tell me what you see." He gestured toward a monitor in front of Leia.

Both officers leaned in and observed the monitor Leia was staring at. It showed the twenty ships that participated in the protection of the Sentinel navy, with only five ships being highlighted.