Chapter 27: Incantamentums

***************************************

Chapter 27: Incantamentums

Maxim was met at the door of his home by a very upset and worried Gabe. He continued up the stairs to my room, pushing past his brother and ignoring his pleas for an explanation. Max laid me gently on the bed and caressed my cheek while staring down at me with silver speckled blue eyes filled with love and devotion.

“What the hell happened Max?” Gabe demanded in a tone that was adamant and almost angry. He took one look at us and his expression turned grim.

“That fucker tried to rape her again… so I took care of it.” Max sneered and glared at his brother. It wasn’t Gabe’s fault that Max was supremely pissed, but his fury was misplaced.

“What did you do?” Gabe questioned incredulously. He seemed awfully concerned over his brother’s actions all of the sudden. His glare was accusatory and entirely directed at Max. Had he done something wrong? Perhaps he was unhappy that Max had saved me, or that he had harmed Chester.

“I used the Vulneratus Incantamentum and the asshole deserved it so don’t start shit with me Gabe.” Max replied and returned his attention to me. He went through my dresser, finding some more appropriate clothes for me to change into, other than the torn ones that currently covered my body. He pulled out a comfortable looking pair of shorts and a big tee shirt and threw them down on the bed. I recognized the shirt as his. It was the one I wore when I first came here. I grabbed it and pressed it to my face. It still smelled like him and that thought made me smile.

“Have you any idea what you have done? There are consequences for this Max and even you aren’t above them. How do you expect to explain your actions to the council?” Gabe asked with shock and uncertainty. Was that a spell he was talking about? Was using a spell really that big of a deal? I thought that was what witches and warlocks did… they used potions and spells. Perhaps I really did know nothing about the mystical world after all.

“Fuck Gabe, I’ll suffer the consequences. I don’t care. I wasn’t about to let him rape her again. I wasn’t going to let him kill us both either.” Maxim responded while leaning over me and tenderly stroking his fingers across my forehead. I winced at the pain that his light touch caused. I realized that my head was throbbing with pain from Chester’s attack. Not only that, but my breasts were very sore and caked with dried blood from where his teeth dug into my delicate skin repeatedly.

“I’ll talk to the council and explain the circumstances, but there are no guarantees that you won’t be punished for breaking the foremost of rules. Using a spell on a human, how could you be so careless?” Gabe muttered, a hint of sadness and apprehension in his tone.

“I used the Dedisco Incantamentum before we left so he shouldn’t remember a thing, not that he deserves such mercy.” Max commented with venom heavy in his tone. I scowled at his aggressiveness and the level of animosity he held for Chester. I didn’t like my ex-boyfriend either after what he and my father had put me through, but I never wished suffering or death on him. Gabe seemed deep in thought for a few moments, and then spoke suddenly, as if something just occurred to him.

“At least you didn’t kill him like you had planned. I was worried you would have come home a murderer. Thank the Goddess that you restrained yourself and decided not to end this in front of Trinity.” He said with great relief.

Was that what Max meant when he stated he wanted to end things? I’m such an idiot for thinking that he would leave me and running to Chester’s house to escape the pain of heartbreak. If I hadn’t misinterpreted things and run off before I had all of the facts, then none of this would have happened. Once again, it was my entire fault.