Girls

As promised I invited Wanda to spend time with me just as friends this weekend.

She looked a little confused as to what we were supposed to do but that changed quickly.

"Vhere are ve going?" She asked holding onto my coat sleeve, as I led her to the parking garage.

"We are going out for today. We'll do some shopping, eat some fun food," I mused, pressing a button on the key pad outside the elevator. Hailing a SHIELD escort car to drive us around today.

"Oh, I have never actually hung out with a girl my age just to have fun," Wanda admitted.

"One thing life has taught me, is you are never to old to learn. And this is something that you will like. I promise,"

"Vell as long as you know vhere we are going. I've only been in this city for a few days,"

The car pulled up and I opened the door for her. I climbed in after her, then spoke to the driver.

"Miss Maximoff is new to New York, so let's see the sights,"

"Central Park or Times Square Miss Larkspur?" The driver asked.

"Let's start with Central Park, it's beautiful there,"

Wanda was amazed by all the pretty things and different people in Central Park. We bought honey roasted peanuts and cotton candy! She was so excited.

After lunch in the park I called our escort driver to take us into the shopping district. In the car she asked,

"Vhere are ve going Daphany?"

"I'm taking you shopping,"

"Shopping? I thought Mr. Stark said in New York groceries are ordered..."

I laughed, "No silly, we are going to buy clothes not food,"

"Oh, I apologize. My clothes have always been donated of given to me by the doctors," she said sheepishly.

"Now now none of that, it's behind you now. And now that you're free you can wear whatever makes you feel good,"

She looked out the window and smiled, then looked back at me

"I like thees freedom. But I don't know vhat is good and vhat is no good,"

"And that's why you have me!"

We spent hours upon hours going through store after store! Wanda and I tried on hundreds of dresses, skirts, hats, blouses, even shoes.

The elevator to the residential floor of the Avengers Tower slid open and we walked in arms loaded in shopping bags and laughing like there's no tomorrow.

The elevator opens up into the common area/living room. Clint and Bruce are sitting on the floor playing Mario Kart on the big flat screen, Steve and Natasha are on the couch watching. No sign of the others.

"We're back!" I announced.

Natasha jumped over the back of the couch and made a break for us.

"Oh thank god! There's too much testosterone in here," she said dramatically.

"Hey!" Clint protested.

"What! You three have been having a pissing contest all day!" Nat retorted. "And you two!" As cried looking at me and Wanda.

"Vhat? Vhat did ve do?" Wanda asked.

"You two went on a girls day! Without me!" I knew she was kidding, but I didn't know about Wanda.

"I-I am sorry Natasha," Wanda said.

"Come on Wanda I'm only kidding," she teased touching her arm. "Now let's go see what you bought I'm done with this sausage fest,"

"Hey!" All four guys said at once. We laughed and took off down the hall towards my room.

On the way there I collided with a silvery whoosh and dropped all of my bags.

"Ow! What the hell?" I shouted. I had fallen back against Wanda and she dropped her bags falling into Natasha who just hit the ground. So now here we are in a big dog pile.

"Pietro!" Wanda cried out. "Vhat the bloody hell is wrong vith you? Vhy are you running around like a crazy man?"

"Sorry sorry..."

"Whoever's hand is on my boob take it off or lose the whole arm attached to it," Natasha growled.

"My arm ees tweested," groaned Wanda.

"Well someone move! I can't breathe!" I shouted.

All at once we began to move, everyone mumbling sorry sorry!

Once we were all untangled, Pietro apologized again.

"I'm sorry Daphany... Did I hit your head?"

"I think so, but it's okay. I forgive you,"

"Are- are you sure?" He touched my head. Daaamn....

"No no don't worry about me. I'm fine," I assured him.

We stared at each other for a long moment. It was quite, until Natasha spoke up.

"If you two are just gonna stare at each other all day..."

I smiled at Pietro, "um yeah. Well ugh, see ya later Pietro. But we do have some things to do," I said scooting away from him.

We disappeared into my room. The second the door was closed Natasha said. "If I'm not your maid of honor I'm gonna flip a table,"

"Vhat about me? The groom ees my brother!"

"Oh no. Absolutely not," I protest pulling out a dress from one of the bags, holding it against my chest.

"The dress is perfect, and you should wear it on your first date with him," Nat commented going through another shopping bag. She pulled out a shimmery top, "Wanda this one is definitely yours," she commented.

"I am not going to date your brother, Wanda. It's against the code,"

"There ees a code? I did not know there was a code," Wanda said.

"It's woman's code Wanda, it's the unspoken rules that all women follow," Nat explained. "Ooh! I will be borrowing this in the future," she said holding up a blue dress.

"Woman's code? I never heard of thees..." Wanda said.

"Hmm... Well it's not important," Nat said waving her off, "Here this one matches your eyes,"

"No it is important, you don't date your best friends brother. It's like one of the number one rules. Right next to Sisters before Misters and all that jazz,"

"Whatever doll face, I ship it. There will be at least one date, if I have to lock the both of you in room. It will happen,"

I rolled my eyes and Wanda laughed.

"Mark my words Daph, this will come to pass,"

"Keep dreaming Romanov,"