Daphne's Day

(Trigger Warning at the endish)

Yesterday was a hard training day, I fell asleep the minute my head hit the pillows. I didn't even cook, we ordered Chinese take out.

This morning however I woke up fairly early. Around 7ish. I tried to fall back asleep but found it to be impossible! So instead I got up, and took a shower.

I stood under the hot water, letting it roll off my shoulders. I let my mind wander. I thought of my 3 almost 4 years here. The kindness shown to me in the beginning. My first few missions. Natasha becoming my best friend. But then my mind wandered beyond that.

I climb out of the shower, and look at my reflection. I make my hair it's natural brown color, and my face the way it's "supposed to look". No one knows what my real face looks like, I always use a a slightly different one. Higher cheekbones, lighter skin, smaller lips. But I never change my eyes. I love my eyes. Golden whiskey colored eyes, they're big and beautiful. One of the few things I really take pride in on my natural body.

I remember my childhood. My mother Kirsty Larkspur was such a pretty woman. She stood 5 feet tall, had long dark brown hair and a porcelain face. I take more after my father, Gabriel. I have his eyes and nose, I know this from the times he's visited me.

I wonder if he'll come see me this year on my birthday... It's next week. If not I know it's not his parental negligence, it's just the other Arch Angels being assholes.

I like to tell myself they're jealous because they don't have children of their own.

I change my face back to the one I'm most happy with, but I grow my hair out to my hips and let it be red like The Little Mermaid.

I decide to go out today, I'll leave a note so the others don't worry, but I want to have a me day. It's now winter and very cold outside. So I put on a pair of fur lined dark grey leggings and black boots. Burgundy leg warmers and a thick black sweater with white hearts on it.

Before leaving I changed my mind on the hair and made it my natural brown and covered it with a beanie that matched my leg warmers. I sling my purse across my body leave with my wallet, phone, and earbuds

I walked the streets anonymously, just mixing in with the crowd as the snow fell gently. I didn't quite know where I was going, but I knew that the fresh air was doing me good.

I thought of how I came to be in New York. I wasn't born here. I was born out west in California. My mom and dad stayed together after I was born at least for a few years.

When I was about 4 my the Angels came and confronted my mother and father on what they had done. I was so terrified. My father told them to leave, to just let us be. But they would not, they said I was a product of impurity. I should never have been conceived let alone born.

I had cried a yelled for them to stop calling me names. In my terrified anger I screamed out and set forth an awesome display of light energy.

After that, I was exhausted. I drained myself of all energy, my father scooped me up and held me close. The Angels had been pushed back against the wall but got back up.

I past out from over exhaustion, but when I woke up I was alone. My mother was dead, and my father was no where to be found. But he left a note.

You have been spared. Don't make her death vain.

I was young, I couldn't read. But I kept that note. And when I learned how to read I didn't understand it until I was older.

I find myself sitting in Central Park, holding a cup of hot coffee. Smiling dreamily into my cup. I remember the first time my father came to visit me. I was 17 and very angry at the world. I didn't hate people, and I wasn't mean or cynical. But I was very frustrated with how my life was turning out. This isn't what I wanted.