In The Dead Of Night

(Trigger Warning!!!!)

I am 16 again, but I have changed myself to appear older. I am working at another diner. I remember this diner, it's where it happened the first time. I got tricked into helping a man jump start his car. I killed that man after he... Ruined me.

I wake up in my bed in the tower crying and screaming into my pillow. There's a frantic knocking at my door.

But I am confused and afraid, I fall off of my bed tangled in the sheets. The door opens and I continue screaming. I'm backed against the wall, trying to get away from whoever has come into my room.

"Daphany! Daphany eet is me,"

I am too delirious and afraid to understand whoever it is, is trying to help me. Then I see his face, pale in the dim moonlight coming through the window. His stormy eyes piercing mine, it's Pietro. My Pietro.

"Daphany my angel, please. Please my angel," he urges. I stop pushing him back and screaming.

He holds my face, running the pads of his thumbs over my cheeks.

"Pietro," I whisper in a teary voice.

"Daphany, my angel. Eet is okay. Everything is okay," he takes me into his arms, and holds me close.

"No no, I... I can't. I didn't. I was too young," I sobbed. I know that he does not know what I am talking about but I need to say it.

"Too young? Too young for vhat? Vhat's happened?"

"I didn't want it... Couldn't stop him,"

"Him? Him who? Who has hurt you?" He does not speak to me with urgency or in a frantic way. He's gentle and calm, holding me on his lap.

"I... I don't know. He... He... He... He took me... A-a-and..."

"I know.... I'm sorry," he whispers pressing me to his bare chest, and stroking my back. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. For today. And for then. Daphany I'm sorry. I'm so sorry," he says. I think he is ashamed of what almost happened today. Ashamed of the position he put me in, even though he stopped immediately after I said no.

"Pietro please. Please please just hold me," I rub my cheek on his shoulder. He squeezes me gently, and kisses my shoulder.

"Just tell me, vhat you need from me. And you vill have it," he whispers.

"Tell me you love me. Tell me me we are going to be okay,"

"Daphany, my tiny angel. I love you more than anything. You make me so happy, and feel so varm,"

I let his words wash over me. And I let them comfort me.

"Tomorrow ve can spend the whole day together. I vill do vhatever you ask. I vill cook dinner for just you and me. Vhatever you vant. I swear I vill never let anyone take advantage of you that vay again. But tonight I'm going to take care of you,"

And he does, he scoops me up and places me back on my bed, and covers me with the quilts that fell off. He climbs in next to me, and cradles me in his arms.

"Daphany?" he presses, I open my eyes and gaze into his.

"Hmm?"

"I do love you. More than anything,"

I smile at him sleepily, I am awake just long enough to hear him say,

"I promise, I vill never let anything happen to you,"

What we didn't know, was that as of that day when I walked into the building. We were being watched. Studied. And reported. Without us even noticing.

"This is brilliant, Yvonne. Absolutely brilliant,"

"Vhat about zis, ees brilliant to you? Zere are two more zat vere not accounted for! Zees two are een love! Een vhat vay ees zis brilliant Ed?" Yvonne scolded him.

"That is no concern of mine. He's just a man, what's important here is that she is vulnerable. Look at her Yvonne, she's helpless in this state,"

Yvonne looked at the screen, showing the now sleeping couple. She raised her brows, considering Edmund's statement.

"If we were to get her alone, without her beloved. We could get her this vulnerable again... Like picking a daisy,"

"Vhat about ze man? He ees not so weak," Yvonne pointed out.

"That is true my dear, but we can lure him to a trap. Perhaps get them together and take them both..."

"Zat ees a possibility," Yvonne mused.

"Do not worry, the so called deities will burn," Edmund said leaving the room.