Gone Far Away From Here

Thor and I were gone. And no one in the tower noticed. Granted there was almost no one around to notice, but the fact remains.

I woke up still in a very dark place, against cold metal that rumbled and bounced. I tried not to panic, but that's very hard to do coming off of a sleeping drug.

The metal surface bounced me up again, and I went flying into something warm and solid. A body. I tried to get away, I didn't know what was going on.

"Daphne," came a voice out of dark. I recognize that voice,

"Thor?" He reaches out for me in the darkness, and finds my shoulder. I grab his hand desperate for some sort of hold on what's going on here.

"Where are we, what happened?" I ask, now holding his forearm.

"I do not know. I think we were shot, back in the tower," he says. I remember now.

"That woman. Who got us for the briefing. She shot us,"

"Yes, yes that sounds right. But why? Who does she work for?"

"I don't know... But I really don't want to find out. We have to get out of here," I say letting go of his arm and trying to stand.

I hit my head on a metal roofing, "Ow!" I crouch back down against the far wall. "Watch your head, you're taller than I am,"

"Cover your ears Daphne, I will try to break the wall," he says.

I cover my ears, and hear a dull clang and a groan. I uncover my ears.

"That was painful," he muttered. I could not see him, but I think he looked at me, "could you become an animal large and heavy enough to stop the car?" He asked

"I-I could... But you would be flattened with how large of an animal I would need to be,"

"Then I am not sure what we can do. I do not have Mjölnir, I can't summon lightning or thunder,"

"So we are stuck here." I said, panic now setting in.

"I'm afraid so..." He says defeated, he sits on the floor with a thunk.

I bring my knees up to my chest, and whisper, "There is one thing I can try.... I could harness my angel grace and release it,"

Thor remains quiet for a long moment, "is it safe?"

"Depends on your definition of safe," I reply.

"What will it do to you?" He asked.

"I don't know, I've only done it twice in my life. I was very young both times,"

"If it is not safe, you shouldn't try it. You might hurt yourself, and I have no way of getting help,"

"But it could be our only-"

"Your dearest love would never forgive me if I allowed you to injure yourself this way. You know this,"

I can not see Thor in this pitch black, but I know he is sincere.

"You're right, it's too dangerous. What's the point of escaping if you die in the process,"

"We will just have to wait until we have stopped. Then- I guess we will find out..."

"That is a grim statement, but a true one nonetheless,"

And with that, we fell into a silence. And waited in the darkness. I don't know how long we sat there, and waited. I don't know if I fell asleep of if I was awake the entire time. Darkness does something to you. You lose sense of passing time, and your navigation skills fade.