Two Hearts In A House Full Of Watchful Eyes

In the days that followed we did not do any group training, there simply wasn't enough people to make it work.

I spent some time reading, I went out into the city to replace some old clothes, I flew out to Clint's house with Thor to visit Laura and the children, and Pietro took me out on more than a few dates.

Going on the dates were hard because I normally cook dinner and it's hard to slip away when there are so few in the tower.

But we made excuses and slipped away at least 4 times. But not without notice from our flat mates, and the press.

As easy as it is for us to go out in disguise, the media already knows that I like to go out in the city, and that I can change my appearance. After the second date, Pietro had to excuse himself during our dinner to sprint over to a photographer, take his camera, and quietly (but forcefully) ask him to delete the pictures and leave us alone.

Back in the tower, Bruce had grown suspicious. Although he would not say anything directly. Tony on the other hand cornered me in the tower when I was heading off to my room to change into sweats to play video games with Thor one evening. Pietro was sleeping off a grueling work out from that afternoon.

"Daphne?"

"Tony?"

"Are you screwing Speedy?" He blurted out. On any other given day I might have gotten flustered and embarrassed about being asked such a blunt question. But today, today I had a good answer,

"No, are you screwing Speedy?"

Tony gave me a look, but pressed the conversation.

"Are you dating Speedy,"

"Define dating," I tried to avoid answering, to my advantage Thor looked down the hall.

"Daphne! Are you still going to play the Mario Kart with me?"

"Yes, Tony's just getting in my way,"

"Tony leave Daphne alone, your sexual advances have failed for three whole years, I do not think you will succeed in any way today,"

"Thor?" Tony shouted, "Shut up,"

"I am only stating the obvious," he replied, waving him off and heading back into the living room.

I slipped away from Tony and into my room. I changed clothes quickly, and went back out to the living room where Thor was waiting.

We played the game as we normally would. Shouting at the screen and trying to shove each other.

After a few rounds, Thor was selecting our next course and he said to me,

"Tony looks but he does not see. Banner and I know what you and the man of speed are hiding from the group,"

I sighed, "You do?"

"It is obvious to my eyes, although I'm not sure it is so plain to others,"

"You won't tell will you,"

"If you would like me to keep this a secret I will, but I must ask. Why do you not tell everyone, and celebrate your love for one another?"

"Is that how things go on Asgard?" I asked,

"It is. It is a grand celebration,"

"But it's not a wedding?"

"Of course not, weddings are affairs of the family and the closest of friends,"

"Hmm... Well you may have noticed but things aren't quite like that here,"

"Then explain it, I do not understand why being in love is something to hide,"