Recipes Thus Far and A Blurb For Each 2

Chocolate Chip Pancakes
Ingredients:
•1 1⁄4 cups flour
•1 tablespoon sugar
•1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
•1 tablespoon baking powder
•1⁄4 teaspoon salt
•2 eggs
•1 cup milk
•4 tablespoons melted butter
•3⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
•1⁄3 cup chocolate chips

Directions:
•Preheat fry pan (griddle or skillet for Americans).
•Combine flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
•Mix together wet ingredients and beat into dry mixture until smooth.
•Fold in chocolate chips.
Pour or spoon batter into fry pan in desired quantity.
•Flip when top begins to bubble, then cook a minute more.

I do not make these very often, but god they are so good! I feel like chocolate chip pancakes just have this incredible nostalgia that comes with them. They make me think of happy times, ya know.

Chili
Ingredients:
•Ground Turkey(or beef)
•1 chopped onion
•1 package McKormich mild chili seasoning
•1 Tablespoon chili powder
•1 Tablespoon garlic powder
•1 Tablespoon oregano
•1 Teaspoon cumin powder
•1 pinch cayenne
•14 ounces diced tomato
•8 ounces tomato sauce
•water
•2 cans black beans
•2 cans pinto beans

Directions:
•Brown the turkey or beef whatever you choose, with the onion in a large pot that you will make the rest of the chili in.
•Mix in all the seasonings to the browned meat and onions.
•Pour in the 14 ounces of diced tomatoes, then fill the empty can up with water and add to the pot. Repeat with the 8 ounce can of tomato sauce.
•Drain and rinse both kinds of beans, then add to the pot.
•Cook for 1 hour minimum, on simmer/low boil

When serving add shredded cheese, hot sauce, tortilla chips, or corn bread. Whatever suits your fancy.

This is my mum's recipe, she's spent a few years perfecting it. And let me tell ya, it is so good. And very easy, you can just leave it simmering all day and it just gets better and better. It's one of my favorite things to eat fresh, or reheated. I'm not ashamed to say I love to eat it for breakfast.

Marble Cake
Ingredients:
•1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature, plus more for pan
•1 3/4 cups cake flour (not self-rising)
•2 teaspoons baking powder
•1/2 teaspoon salt
•1 cup sugar
•3 large eggs, room temperature
•1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
•2/3 cup buttermilk, room temperature
•1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon Dutch-process cocoa powder

Directions:
•Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Generously butter a 9-by-5-inch loaf pan; set aside. Whisk together the cake flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
•In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating until combined after each addition and scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed. Mix in vanilla. Add flour mixture in 2 batches, alternating with the buttermilk and beginning and ending with the flour. Set aside 1/3 of the batter.
•In a bowl, mix cocoa and 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons boiling water with a rubber spatula until smooth. Add the cocoa mixture to the reserved cake batter; stir until well combined.
•Spoon batters into the prepared pan in 2 layers, alternating spoonfuls of vanilla and chocolate to simulate a checkerboard. To create marbling, run a table knife (or wooden skewer) through the batters in a swirling motion.
•Bake, rotating the pan halfway through, until a cake tester comes out clean, 40 to 50 minutes. Transfer pan to a rack to cool 10 minutes. Turn out cake from pan and cool completely on the rack. Cake can be kept in an airtight container at room temperature up to 3 days.

Now, I've never actually made this particular recipe before. It's a Martha Stewart recipe so I expect that it will he good. I've made marble cakes before, but I was using my grandmama's recipe. That recipe has been lost, we can't find the card with the recipe on it and Grandmama is too old to remember it. So, I'm gonna try making new ones and see what compares. Let me know if you try this recipe and like it.

Corn Chowder
Ingredients:
•1 1/2 cups water
•2 cups frozen loose-pack diced hash brown potatoes
•2 medium carrots
•1 stalk celery
•1 10 3/4 ounce (ten and three fourths ounce) can condensed cheddar cheese or broccoli cheddar soup
•1 15 ounce can cream style corn
•1 1/2 cups milk
•1 1/2 cups diced cooked ham
•1/4 teaspoon black pepper (optional)

Directions:
•Put the water and dozen potatoes in a saucepan
•Use a vegetable peeler to peel carrots. On a cutting board, use a sharp knife to cut the ends off the carrots and celery. Throw the peels and ends in the trash. Cut the carrots and celery into small pieces (you should have about 1 1/2 cups). Add the chopped carrots and celery to the saucepan. Stir with a wooden spoon until mixed.
•Put saucepan on a burner. Turn burner to medium high heat. Being vegetable mixture to a boil. Turn burner to low heat. Cover the pan with a kid and cook for 10 minutes.
•Use can opener to open the soup and corn. Use a rubber scraper to get all of the soup and corn into the saucepan. Stir with a wooden spoon until mixed well. Add milk, ham and the pepper(if you so choose). Stir. Cool until chowder is hot but don't let it boil.

This is a super simple and really yummy dish that I like to make. I have a tradition with my Grandma on my Dad's side, we make this chowder for dinner when she comes to see me over spring break every year. I like to eat this with crackers and apple slices but that's just me.

Chocolate Chip Cookies
Ingredients:
•2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
•1/2 teaspoon baking soda
•1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
•1/2 cup granulated sugar
•1 cup packed light-brown sugar
•1 teaspoon salt
•2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
•2 large eggs
•2 cups (about 12 ounces) semisweet and/or milk chocolate chips

Directions
•Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a small bowl, whisk together the flour and baking soda; set aside. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine the butter with both sugars; beat on medium speed until light and fluffy. Reduce speed to low; add the salt, vanilla, and eggs. Beat until well mixed, about 1 minute. Add flour mixture; mix until just combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
•Drop heaping tablespoon-size balls of dough about 2 inches apart on baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
•Bake until cookies are golden around the edges, but still soft in the center, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from oven, and let cool on baking sheet 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack, and let cool completely. Store cookies in an airtight container at room temperature up to 1 week.

I love cookies, I love to bake em, eat em, give em! But especially bake em, they're so easy. I actually never save my chocolate chip cookie recipes, so whenever I want to make them I land up searching up a recipe on the internet and getting something a little different each time. This is a Martha Stewart recipe that is yummy, I made it once I think! Lol!