Chapter 13

*Ella’s POV*

*Flashback*

-         Ella, just because I’m sitting here and talking calmly doesn’t mean I’m calm. It takes a lot of self control not to break something. So please stop lying to me and tell me the truth. Whatever it is, we can handle it together. Please Ella.

-         I… I can’t. I’m sorry.

He looked away, took a deep breath and without looking at me, said

-         Fine, if it’s what you want…

He got up from the couch and left the apartment. Without looking back at me. I just watched him leave me. I didn’t tell him the truth. Of course he would leave me. What was I expecting?

I put my head in my hands and cried.

I’m sorry, Jake.

Few seconds later the front door opened and I heard footsteps rushing towards me. Soon two arms hugged me tight.

-         I’m sorry love, I shouldn't have left. I have to stay right here with you. I’m sorry.

I hugged him back tightly.

-         I’m scared Jake…

-         What are you scared of?

-         He said.. if I told you he would kill you right in front of me.

-         Shh Ella. I won’t let that happen. I promise you, nothing will happen to any of us. Tell me what he wanted, what did he tell you?

I hesitated for a second. I was thinking whether I should tell him or not. Then I decided that he was right. Whatever that is, we would handle it better together.

-         He wants me to break up with you. He said that you are changing because of me and that ruins his plans, whatever that is. He wants me to leave your life. If I don’t do that willingly he’ll make sure of that himself. And if I told you this, he would kill you right in front of my eyes and then kill me.

Now he knew everything and I was feeling calm but he was in danger because of me. I told him everything even though I was told not to. I don’t want to break up with him but I can’t let anything happen to him either.
He hasn’t said anything. He was holding me and letting me cry. I know that he was thinking about everything that I just said. He was looking at the wall while caressing my hair. I pulled away from the hug and his eyes instantly looked at me. I sat straight and wasn’t looking at his eyes.

-         Jake, maybe we should brea-

I couldn’t complete my sentence. Jake put his palm on my mouth, stopping me from continuing.

-         Don’t finish that.

-         But – I tried to talk but he didn’t let me.

-         No Ella, I am not breaking up with you because of that. As I said before, we will handle everything together.

His palm finally left my mouth, letting me speak.

-         I can’t lose you Jake. I can’t live without you.

-         And you think breaking up with me is a good way to fix this?

-         Well… no, but I can’t let him hurt you.

He cupped my face with his hands, looked me straight in the eyes and told me with a serious voice.

-         He won’t be able to hurt neither you nor me. I will not let him do that. I’ll catch him before he can do anything.