Chapter 27

*Jake’s POV*

-         Are you sure this will work, Hackerman?

-         Are you really doubting my power?

-         Okay, okay sorry.

-         Just remember Daniel, keep the phone near all the time. That way I will hear every single word you and Alan say.

-         No problem Hackerman. But promise me you will take that microphone off of my phone after this.

I sighed as Daniel started laughing like crazy. Nerves of this guy…

Once he stopped laughing he put his hand on my shoulder and nodded at me. Then sighed and left the house.

I could hear Daniel talking all the way but I wasn’t giving him any attention. I was thinking about what this meeting with Alan would give us. I hope he has any information about if Joseph was the one who kille…

My head was exploding on that thought. I couldn’t handle thinking that Ella was… dead. I tried my best to forget about all of this and concentrate on taking revenge on Joseph but it wasn’t working. My heart was aching that I was doing all of this because of Ella’s death.

-         …have a feeling like I am some kind of secret agent in a thriller movie.

This guy. I facepalmed myself.

-         By the way, Hackerman. I’m almost at the police department so I’m gonna stop talking to you.

Thank god.

-         Talk to you later, loverbo… sorry Jake…I didn’t mean to…

I sighed but ignored his words. There was silence for a few seconds until I heard him talking to someone about meeting Alan. In a short time Alan’s voice was heard too.

-         Hello Daniel.

-         Mr. Bloomgate.

-         Have a seat Daniel and tell me, what brings you here?

-         Mr. Bloomgate, someone killed Ella and Jake. I can’t just sit and wait until the killer admits everything himself.

-         I’ve been working on it for the past weeks. Trust me Daniel. I was thinking of Jake and Ella as my son and daughter. I will make sure to find the killer.

-         Do you have any new information?

-         Joseph was on interrogation for a few times already. He says that it wasn’t his order and that he has no idea who Jake and Ella were.

-         And you just believe him like that?

-         I don’t believe anyone without any proof. But this time it’s different. Every evidence points to Joseph. I’ve been working on Joseph’s case for 15 years now. and all that time there wasn’t any proof against him. Now everything points to him. I don’t know about you but all of this is way too easy for me. It seems like someone is setting up Joseph for all of this.

-         Who could do that? it’s not logical. Joseph is powerful who would eve-

-         Exactly. He is powerful. He has enough power to hide tracks of his illegal business. And I’m pretty sure a lot of unclosed cases in our department are his doing but we can’t prove that. and you’re telling me a person like this could make multiple mistakes in one case?

-         Who else could do this?

-         That’s exactly what I am trying to find out. For now I have no other information.