Chapter 20

*Ella’s POV*

It was a really hard day. Me and Jake met our friends in Aurora and told them the whole truth. Everyone’s reaction was different: Lilly and Jessy hugged me tight, they were jumping from excitement. Richy wasn’t really happy but he still hugged me and told me that the important thing for him was my happiness and as long as I was happy he would always support me. It was so sweet of him.

Dan shook hands with Jake and they had some kind of staring contest. Phil was watching us and smiling. Either this guy really changed after meeting Chloe or I’m going crazy.

Everything went very calmly. My friends weren’t angry at us and I was really thankful for that.

We stayed at Aurora for a few hours and then we went to meet with Tyson. He deserved to know what happened. Jake didn’t let me meet him alone but he promised he wouldn’t say anything and let me talk. That was the best I could get so I agreed.

Meeting with Tyson was really awkward. He definitely wasn’t happy about me and Jake being together. But as a good friend he understood everything and wished us happiness. He left Duskwood this evening.

Right now me and Jake are at my apartment and waiting for Alan to come. He told us there is something he has to tell us. Minutes feel like hours because I’m scared he will give us some bad news. Everything was… too easy...

Looks like Jake noticed this and held my hand.

-           Everything will be alright, love.

He kissed my forehead and I smiled. Just then Alan knocked on the door. I opened it and a smiling Alan entered my apartment. We all sat down on the couch and listened to Alan.

-           Thanks to you Jake, Luca is arrested. We have solid evidence that he kidnapped Ella and he confessed to it as well. He said that everything was Joseph’s plan and he ordered Ella’s kidnapping. We will use him as a witness against Joseph. I can tell that this will take a lot of time, maybe months too, but you two aren’t in any kind of danger anymore. Joseph was at the police department today and he says that all of this is a trap for him and someone needs him arrested. He says that he doesn’t know any of you. But everything is under control now.

We pretty much knew everything that he just said but hearing it again made me really happy. I looked over to Jake but I could feel that he wasn’t happy. He looked at Alan.

-           Mr. Alan. I have a feeling that we’re missing something. Some important piece of the puzzle.

-           What do you mean?

-           First Luca takes his mask as he looks at the camera, he definitely did it intentionally, a man like him wouldn’t make mistakes like that. It was really easy finding his location. I’m sure that if he wanted to hide he would do it better than this. and lastly, he confessed everything. He said all the information we needed. Joseph is his boss, Luca is mafia’s soldier he knows that he can’t give away information even if he’s tortured and he just said everything right after he was arrested? Isn’t this suspicious?

-          Maybe something happened between Luca and Joseph. Their relationship isn't the best. Maybe Joseph did something to Luca and now Luca wants to take revenge.

-           I have a feeling that there is more to this.

-           Jake, Luca is arrested now. Joseph is really close to going to jail, maybe for the rest of this life, so let’s forget about them for a little bit and talk about you.

-           What about me?

-           You’re still wanted by the FBI and I am a police officer. We worked on this case together but we have to change something now.