Chapter 31

*Jake’s POV*

Meeting my mother gave me strength that I needed to finish this unfinished business with Joseph. It’s been 2 days since I met my mother and as soon as I came home from airport I started working. This time I was gathering information about King. It took me days to find anything about him but the more I researched the more I got convinced that he had nothing to do with me or Ella. So I fully concentrated on Joseph.

It was too easy to just kill him, I wanted more. I wanted him to feel the pain I was feeling. I wanted him to lose something close to him. That’s why I was trying to find what was the most important thing in the world for him. Whatever it was, he would lose it first, then his life.

I haven’t slept the whole time while working on this. I hardly left my PC even just for a second. Even now I was in front of my monitor, reading and typing on the keyboard forcefully. I wasn’t paying any attention to anything else while the door's harsh closing made me jump.

I looked up from the monitor and saw Daniel breathing heavily and running towards me. I got up from the chair and ran to him. He put his hands around my shoulders and put his whole weight on me. I tried my best to keep him standing and not let him fall but even though I was strong it wasn’t easy to hold a man as big as a bear, especially when I haven’t had enough sleep in the past days.

-         What in the world happened to you, Daniel? Are you hurt?

I started looking for some blood but it wasn’t visible and I let out a breath I didn’t even realize I was holding.

Daniel couldn’t say anything for the next few seconds and my patience was running out. Finally he stood on his legs and his breathing came back to normal.

-         Cat got your tongue?

He started laughing hysterically. My confusion slowly turned into anger. I almost died here thinking something happened to him while he’s standing here laughing like crazy.

I sighed and folded my arms across my chest while looking at him with a death stare. He finally stopped laughing and calmed down.

-         Oh Hackerman, Things I’m doing for you.

-         What happened to you Daniel?

-         I wanted to get to you to tell you some information but my car broke and I ran from my house all the way here.

-         You’re crazy. Why didn’t you just call me?

-         Oh really? Just check your phone and you’ll see that I called you a million times!

I started looking for my phone and saw that it was dead. Great, I haven’t charged it for who knows how long.

-         It’s dead.

-         Next time you charge it, charge your brain with it. It for sure needs some energy.

-         Just say what you wanted to tell me this urgently that you couldn’t even wait for Taxi.

-         Alan called me.

-         And?

-         Tomorrow Joseph is going to the police department for another interrogation.

-         Good Daniel. That’s amazing news.

-         Yes, it’s amazing news. Alan might find some new informa-

-         We’ll finish everything tomorrow.

-         Tion. Wait what?!

-         Tomorrow will be the last day for Joseph.