<Part 21 - Home>

America sat on the bed in the dark room, holding the fur hat as close to him as he could. Tears guided themselves down his face, falling onto his exposed knees once they reached the end. He was wearing a pair of shorts Russia let him borrow for his stay, but now he couldn't return them. He died because of him. Now America sat in Russia's room without him, struggling to contain himself.

   He slowly stood up, holding the fur hat still, and slowly walked to a desk. He sat down in chair and set the hat down, opening a drawer. He grabbed a box of matches and took one, striking the match against the box. He took the flame and hovered it over the wick of a candle, lighting it. He blew the torch out and set the matches back, trading them out for paper, pen, and ink. He dipped the pen into the ink and began writing the letter he intended for his entire family.

To my loving family,

     The late Prince Soviet Union was engaged to the Tokugawan princess, Princess Japan. The death of the prince caused extreme anger, most likely on top of the failed assassination of me and the rescue of Australia. Because of this, two days ago, on Tuesday, May 5th, Princess Japan arrived at the castle to avenge her fiancé's death.

    Around three past noon, she had arrived and immediately charged into the throne room where I was sitting with Princess Uzbekistan. Uzbekistan fled to retrieve Tsar Russia and left me alone with Japan. She threatened me and then grabbed me by my hair, holding her sword to my neck. Russia had finally entered and demanded she let me go, but she refused. So in order to make sure I was safe, Russia approached her with his sabre out. When he was close enough, he grabbed me and yanked me behind him before getting a dagger to the side. The two commenced battle and Princess Kyrgyzstan had dragged me back to safety.

    However, Russia was weak. He managed to take down the Tokugawan, killing her. Although Russia still suffered from the dagger attack, and ended up falling himself. Efforts to save him went underway quickly but was in vain.

   Tsar Russia of Muscovy, Vipurii, and Chagatai passed away in the early hours of Wednesday May 6th, holding my hand. I was with him for each of his lasts moments.

    His eldest sister, Belarus, is now Tsarina Belarus of Muscovy, Vipurii, and Chagatai, becoming the first woman to lead Muscovy until Lithuania is of age. However, if it comes out that I or some other person is bearing Russia's child, they shall be the next heir regardless of gender.

    I do expect to return home in a few days. I do not think I can stay in this palace any longer without mourning Russia's death. His funeral is to be held in two weeks, which our entire family is invited to attend. Belarus's coronation is to be in four months, which again, our family may attend.

By time this letter reaches you, I might just be a day from home. I do expect I will bring a certain guard from Muscovy back with me in hopes seeing Canada happy will inspirit me.

Your loving son and brother,
America

>~•~<

America entered the palace, placing luggage he possessed and Serbia's at the doors which servants quickly took. It's been forever since he was back at home, so now he had to find his parents and lament.

He walked straightforward to the throne room, hoping he would find them there. Serbia was with other guard, so he hadn't the need to worry about him. He pressed his ear to the door and heard murmurs from inside, a good clue. Next, he heard India raise her voice.