Chapter 4: Death Warrior Training

Kairos, Tommy, Edward, Alan, and Jim, explored the dungeon unhurriedly. They know the time they had is limited, but it is better for them to quickly go through the training in the Dark Hall before heading out to their mission without knowing a thing.

Besides that, they already guessed that the 300 odd soldiers they will be leading will be those from the Snowdrifts. The number is too coincidental to how many members they have.

The later they start, the more time their group to prepare, and more of them can survive. Now that they have sworn in their loyalty with the Dark Hall, there is no longer a need to restrict them.

However, even if they follow the rules of the place, they are still dead; it is only a matter of how and when.

When they receive a mission the day they joined the organisation and before any sort of training, it had already confirmed that someone up there wants to make an example out of them.

What the five had to do is to find a way of survival throughout all this.

At this time, a dragonling fly back into Kairos' robes without anyone else realising.

It spoke in a squeaking roar to Aisa who then interpreted for Kairos.

It's done~ The Soul Slips had all been replaced~

A smile like a radiant sun appeared on Kairos' lips and it caused the brothers to lighten up as well.

Jim turned and beamed at him saying, "Is it done?"

Kairos wordlessly gave him a nod while putting a finger to his lips.

To speak of such thing, or even to nod and agree, is equal to an attempt to betray the Dark Hall. Link to their soul, there are no lies that could cover up but, remarkably, their Soul Slips did not show the slightly sign of activating as though they belonged to someone else.

"We are free from their control now," Alan whispered with relief.

"We are," Kairos repeated his words with a smile.

The others burst into cheer.

It had been difficult for them to tolerate all these so far. The plan for the members of Snowdrifts to be sent to the Dark Hall to be trained as Death Warriors were announced nearly 4 years ago.

Afterwards, anyone in their group that openly go against the Devilheart family were forced to join the Dark Hall.

Subsequently, those that rebelled in protest were forcefully recruited amass to give their loyalty to the Devilheart family and the Dark Hall. In this manner their families were also held hostage.

After a while, those from the Snowdrifts either left, or they joined the Dark Hall to become Death Warriors. Of course, only those with absolute loyalty or complete confidence with their leader, stayed.

During the four years, they are still students of the academy. After graduation, then they will be sent to the Dark Hall.

Kairos' group were a few days late to reach the training hall because of the delay on the way, thanks to the fifty soldiers they incapacitated.

But in a fell swoop, everyone was freed.

Their opponent's confidence in Jade Slips and Soul Slips were the source of weakness the boys exploited.

This item that cannot be activated without having a piece of one's soul is thought to be fool proof, but none considered that the technology to create Artificial Soul exists!

Others might not be able to succeed but Kairos had certain advantages that others did not.

He reverse-engineered the prize he won from the Combat Tournament and through it he discovered the way to trick Jade Slips.