Chapter 38: War God Tattoo (Part 1)

There wasn't much of a difference in their actions but the air about them had definitely changed.

Though the soldiers were still smiling in relief, something had turned sharper.

Vouno slowly lifted a hand in the air. His fingers touched invisible strands of energy.

It was subtle, but his Chaos Sea constitution is clearly warning him that something unnatural was mixed in the air.

He breathed deeply, then activated his cultivation method.

The energies twitched slightly when caressed by his fingers, then as though by command they were pulled into him.

And then, the world broke.

The peaceful snowfall that they see was wiped away like a torn veil and replaced by a blizzard that threatens to cover everyone in white.

Vouno's expression turned pale at once and immediately a yellowed talisman paper appeared in his hand. It flickered into flames as a powerful blast of Ki shot out like a cannon towards the front of the army.

Not even a split second later, the same talisman appeared in several people's hands and more Ki attacks were shot out.

*BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM*

The air trembled as loud explosions deafened everyone.

The veteran soldiers were ready and they braced themselves despite the chaos. They pulled out their weapons awaiting the next command. Their visions remained poor in the curtain of white falling snow, but it was enough for them to make out a gigantic wave crashing towards them.

It was a tall wall of snow that raised up to the heavens, an avalanche of staggering proportions despite they were on flat ground.

Facing such a thing wasn't something easy to do. Even if they were ordered to be prepared, it is simply too ridiculous for them to stay calm in face of such a thing.

Moreover, the army had just climbed out of the dangerous ravine. If they are struck now, the results will be devastating.

Not counting those who would be crushed to death by the weight, many will be swept back into the ravine.

The enemy had timed their ambush well.

If there was panic and no orders were given, very likely, these professionals will die without moving an inch. Losing a-third of their forces will be considerably fortunate.

Unfortunately for the Frosthrals, the existence of a Chaos Sea constitution is beyond their understanding.

In the middle of this impending doom, uncountable holes were opened up by blasts after blasts of activated Ki Burst talismans.

Vouno's sensitivity to the strange energies in the air meant that the others could react a split second quicker, and this short moment of time was all that is needed.

The waves crashed down upon the army, but it fell down in the shape of a horse shoe and avoided most of them.

*SPLASH*

The thinner ice of the ravine broke apart revealing a violent and swift river stream.

Just thinking of what will happen if they had been pushed back by the wall of ice into this river caused them to shudder.

They didn't have time to think as arrows started flying at them.

Thousands surround their army in this blizzard and they were shooting at them in the safety of steel bunkers.

The illusion had concealed more than the snow. The Saint Empire frontlines had walked right into the middle of a killing zone.

Everyone flew into action at the same time.