Chapter 26: Red Blade (Part 1)

The reason Tommy could fight this long despite his damages became known only on the third day.

Nearly half of the barbarians in the promotion trial are out of the fight by then, but they pressed Tommy to the edge with their persistence, until a ferocious roar erupted from his throat in the middle of heated combat.

As Tommy's injuries were reaching a breaking point a slumbering power stirred for the first time in years, drawn out by a desperate need for healing.

A fearsome energy followed closely by a staggering amount of pain flooded into his meridians. This energy is filled with vibrant life but compact and powerful, it is wild like a thrashing serpent in his veins.

The power has a unique signature that is unforgettable for any cultivator that touched it before, a pure unaltered life energy.

Those that consumed an Yggdrasil fruit will know of it intimately and the overwhelming benefits it brought.

The fearsome life energy contained in the fruit of the tree of life is a significant boost for cultivation, but it's most important feature is its ability to alter the body by improving cultivating talents thought to be inherent.

Of course, such earth-shaking effects only takes place the first time that the fruit is consumed. The second round onwards will only provide the user with life energy but no one is so extravagant as to use an Yggdrasil fruit for such purpose.

Unfortunately for Kairos and his gang, after consuming the fruit the life energy it immediately became dormant after strengthening their foundation. The reason is because only after breaking down the old could something be rebuilt.

That's why, for Kairos who had gone closer to death than any of his friends, he had gained the most at the earliest and his cultivation speed was as fast as any of them despite having lesser cultivating talent at the start.

To reawaken the life energy of the Yggdrasil sleeping in him, Tommy had been fighting with such serious wounds.

He felt a violent throb from his body, a sign he had been looking forward, and a euphoric feeling started bursting in his heart.

The Peak S cultivation that he had been suppressing for so long had finally been forced open, pushing him towards entry SS.

At the same time, his Xuan Grade Titan physique also shown signs of significant improvement, drawing him into the next level, Earth Grade.

Although they will gain much from stacking up their Ki before entering the next tier, it must be done with moderation. If the gates to the next rank shows signs of cracking, it will be better to break through and right now it has happened for him.

"Finally! I've long awaited this," Tommy bellowed in triumph.

A look of great joy appeared on his face as his eyes flashed with battle lust. The power of the Yggdrasil's life force instantly renewed his strength and blew away his mental fatigue at one go.

The Yggdrasil's energy wasn't the only thing drawn out by Tommy's horrible injuries. As it had just resurfaced, it obviously wasn't what sustained him throughout the long and intense battles when even a healthy person would've been worn out.

All these while within his body, there are incredible changes happening. As he receive injuries, his Dharma Constitution worked overtime to heal and adapt to the damage.

Little by little, each cut and bruise made him tougher.

The wonder of his constitution lies at its ability to identify what is a threat and tries to nullify it so that in the future that same danger will be rendered impotent.