Chapter 19: The Wailing Stopped, The World Turned Silent

Forged in battles, those closed to Kairos knew that he is the least afraid of fighting against great numbers.

Having survived the Orcs army, the black forest's Black Wind Wolves, the Phrixus' Royal Guards, and countless Cave Trolls, it's impossible not to develop a few techniques.

There are plenty of Beast ranked martial techniques that could deal with fighting against a number of enemies, but to target anything above ten thousand will require a formation usually.

With the strength of a single cultivator even Huang Grade Titan ranked techniques would have trouble against that number.

Therefore when Kairos attacked, barbarians did not think much if it at first. Those that are further back even believed it to be normal rain.

The calm was deceptive to how deadly it was.

It was until one of the transparent Ki pockets touched the unsuspecting northerners that the expressions of those around rapidly changed.

Before their eyes, those unsuspecting warriors suddenly felt the familiar scent of death overwhelming them.

At first there was little except an instinctive desire to flee, though they do not know from what.

Only moments later did they found out what had casted the shadow of death upon them, but by then it is already too late.

In the first wave of Immolation Rain, one in a hundred were affected. Their flesh, blood, and internal energy fed into Kairos' martial technique which grew mightily, turning the victims into a cloud of fire and ash that collapse into itself.

It was so quick that over three thousand died without understanding what killed them.

They may have left this world without much pain, but for those around things were different.

"Hic... Hic... Ahhh... AHHHH...!"

"HIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!"

When the dust of their former comrades were blown in their faces, those fully-grown men and women went into full hysterical.

However, the attack did not end there. In the place where the first three thousand died, whirlwinds of terrible power remained. It formed an irresistible pull for those that stood too close, and seven thousand more perished.

It only weakened and disappeared several breaths later.

The entire Frosthral frontline army fell into chaos by the terrifying sight, but the rain only just started.

It continued falling upon them and in panic, the army fell into disarray.

The difference of experience between warriors quickly show.

Those that were sensible enough to form Ki barriers managed to cordon off the deadly rain.

As external martial arts cultivators, their Ki Barrier were formed differently. Instead of projecting a shield around their body, it appears as thin spikes that covered their skin – the length of which is dependent on the strength of the cultivator.

When the Ki pockets touched their shields, the barbarians instantly felt the invasive force that tried to wrestle their power away and they expertly snipped off the connection.

The sound of fizzled out candles and a thick burning odour washed the battlefield as most of the Ki pockets that Kairos sent out were rendered ineffectual.

However, there were plenty more that lost their head in fear; at first figuratively, then, literally so.

The number of dead increased, and when the rain ceased, a third of the Frosthral frontline army had fallen.