Chapter 29: Medal of Honour (Part 1)

Those that still could move quickly tend to the wounded, and after a while everyone were quickly absorbed into the Snowdrifts' ranks.

As they were not a part of the guild, they are technically Tommy's private army, but with only a barony he couldn't legally hold such a large military force and thus they will have to register under the Astroire family.

The Frosthral Frontlines had over a hundred thousand soldiers left. After they did a tally, their exact numbers were 167,201 barbarians in total, with 1222 Chiefs, and 7 War Chiefs.

Amongst their group, 31205 barbarians were not subordinates of anyone – either their superiors had been killed or they were freelancers that joined the frontlines.

Most of the Chiefs and War Chiefs had lost soldiers after the battles, some more tragic than others. These leaders need not go through their own promotional trial a second time, but until they recruit enough soldiers their titles will not be recognised.

Those still following them will have a chance to change a group when usually they could not; though their decision largely depends on the charisma of their leader.

Tommy's first promotion trial had elated him to a Barbarian Lord with over a hundred thousand soldiers. By the number of his subordinates, he is considered mid-tier amongst his peers, but the war had taken its toll and his group is far from enough.

An optimal army of their numbers would have 1 Lord, 16 War Chiefs, 1655 Chiefs, and 165529 untitled barbarians. With over 400 Chiefs and 9 War Chiefs short, it will be hard for them to function as they should, but other than that they are battle-ready.

At this hour, a small detachment came over from Esley's group.

They were well-dressed on the battlefield, with shiny scale armours that looked without a smudge of dust and decorative mounts, suitable for prancing around but terrible for in any kind of fights.

Heading them is a middle-aged looking man around his fifties, of course, his actual age would be much older. He had a wide smile on his face as he looked for Tommy.

When he spotted the new Barbarian Lord, he went forward with his entourage.

The joy on his face when he stood before Tommy made it hard for people to dislike him. He had small, slanted eyes, small nose, and smile wrinkles. Without exception, everyone felt that he is an approachable and kindly man when he appeared.

He dismounted and introduced himself with a soft and calming voice, "Baron Tommy Styrkur, it's a pleasure to meet you. I am called Biyo, a humble servant of Saint Empire."

Tommy who is seated and dressing his wounds looked up at the man.

The thing he is sitting on is a suspicious-looking black mound. On closer inspection, one can see a certain charred man rolled into a ball. The slight movement every now and then shows that he is still breathing.

Of course, it wasn't a coincidence that Tommy is here. The things that the charred man said, and the hatred he incited had all been heard clearly.

Later on, this person still has an appointment with his other sworn brothers.

He stood up to the relief of his seat, then gave Biyo a stiff greeting.

"The pleasure is mine. May I know the nature of your call?"

Biyo: "It is nothing much. I am here to extend congratulations from the crown. His Grace, the Royal Retainer, Calculate Devilheart, had heard of your accomplishments on the frontlines and would like to show you his favour and the heartfelt appreciation of the citizens of Saint Empire. You are to receive a medal of honour for acquiring an army for the crown. Please return to the royal palace at the earliest."