Chapter 52: Opening the Gates (Part 1)

The still-shocked commander of the Ku Kang Camp braced himself and forced his heart to stop pounding.

The enemy is definitely now running around in their camp without being found. A small smile returned to his face, becoming a somewhat vicious look on his handsome face.

From what Reynold understands, the Snowdrifts does have the power to kill a Paramount fighter like Syriong. Yet, it doesn't mean that those bunch of kids could handle him.

The White Emperor turned to his closest assistant and said, "Continue firing the Void Cannon. Set the remaining two at those rats scurrying up the East and West lanes. Then, assemble my personal guards, I have some important 'guests' to entertain."

.....

At this time, the barbarians within the Ku Kang are busy with all kinds of work. Cooking food, sharpening weapons, reloading cannons. They are all nervous for the upcoming battle.

They now understand why a hundred thousand warriors had been assigned to the southern walls. The Saint Empire troops are really devil-like to break all tradition and launch an attack that could ignore high walls.

However, there is one small group that is unfazed by all the frenzied activity around, as though it did not concern them.

The irony is, their unease exactly because of them. Specifically, three people in their group: a boy with black hair and sparkling onyx eyes, a girl with white snow-like hair and brown eyes, and a boy with prominent emerald green eyes, tanned skin, and black hair – Kairos Astroire, Baixue Luciette, and George Kitty aka Mudskipper.

They are leading the elites of the Snowdrifts here on a mission to assassinate the leader of the Ku Kang Camp, White Emperor Reynold Lambert Siegmund.

In a fair fight, the three strategists concede that the Ku Kang Camp is indeed nigh invulnerable. Therefore, they had to attack the weakness of this place, and if there isn't a weakness, they must create one.

And thus, they pointed their blades at the ones leading this camp.

To do this, the three weaved a death trap for their enemies.

It started with their graduation. They know that with Calculus Devilheart's pettiness, he will assign them as death warriors if he could not kill off the Snowdrifts outrightly.

The next step is to carve out a path of survival for their guild out of all the roads leading to death.

They knew that they had to convert as many enemies into allies as possible.

The next step of the plan began when Tommy returned to the battlefield after being awarded royal guards for his valiance. No one knew, but at that time, the Dark Hall had already fallen into the hands of the Snowdrifts and the nine Ghosts of the Dark Hall and their Hall Master hid themselves within the ranks of the royal guards.

In fact, the Ghosts and the Dark Hall Master who had vouched fealty to the throne was more than happy to defect from the Devilheart regent to the true successor of the Vestimore clan – Crown Princess Relestia Vestimore. As the best of the best saboteurs from Saint Empire, even the disguised person's family member could not tell them apart from the real thing.

If not for the Hall Master being forced to defend against the Void Cannon, even the White Emperor Reynold would not see through his cultivation as Peak Triple S rank.

The Ghosts with such convenient skills on hand, it's impossible that the three most brilliant war strategists in the Snowdrifts wouldn't make use of it.

With them around they began the third step of their plan.

There was immediate effect:

When they were first ambushed by War God Tattoo death warriors, the army fell into a critical situation as a second group of ambushers flanked them. The Snowdrifts were all at the frontlines protecting the soldiers. At that time, the Silver Ghost, Master of Death Hall, immediately disguised as Tommy and led the Snowdrifts' barbarians against them. Later on, when Martial General Gu died and the Saint Empire soldiers directed their anger towards Kairos, the Purple Ghost, Master of Dance Hall, and Orange Ghost, Master of Thoughts Hall, diffused the situation saying that: "A gem will always shine. Let them say what they want. In the end they will only be slapping their own faces."