Chapter 57: To kill an Emperor (Part 2)

The White Emperor Reynold patiently went to each of the body on the ground and check on them. For every lifeless face he found his shock and anger increased.

He had expected that the enemy is buying time in order to execute a powerful technique against them but never thought that there could be something that could break past the defences of a realm he controlled.

Yet the enemy easily succeeded by using four Elemental Arts, and judging from the strength behind the attack, it was done by Greater Spirits. It is so rare for Spirit Contractors to appear that it had never crossed his mind.

The concept of a realm is the same as a magus' workshop. The different elements in the ambient Heavenly Energies are tightly controlled - separated and redirected - to empower the fortifications in the place. The difference between the two is one is done by array formations and the other by woven spells.

To gather enough power that can rip apart the stratagems and talismans in a realm requires exceptional affinity to the elements in order to usurp the stable energy channels in place.

Reynold had foolishly believed that nothing they can come up with will stop him. Now he truly regret from his heart for giving them enough time.

The Elementals are a race with an incorporeal form made of wild energies. They are born with affinity to a single element that exceeds even the dragon race. Legend has it that the first sentient elements became primordial dragons while latter ones turned into Elementals. If this isn't just a myth then the Elementals having greater affinity than the descendants of the primordial ones wouldn't be surprising.

When the White Emperor arrived at the training hall on his way to the bunker, there were only fifteen soldiers protecting him. The rest had either died on the way or were wounded to the point where they have become baggage, to which Reynold promptly discarded.

As he expected, the teenagers were once again waiting for him in this place for the third time this day. With an expression that says he had seen through their plans, Reynold shouted, "Impressive! Whoever thought up your strategy is commendable. Even I have to concede the Saint Empire's ability to harness the Heavenly Lightning.

And to let children slow my pace while the army tighten the net.

Wonderful planning!

Truly splendid!

Now tell me, can you hold out before your reinforcements arrive? Do you have to resolve to die?"

Kairos, Tommy, Jim, and Edward, stood at the front facing the White Emperor. Sihala, Alucard, Lan Lei, Long, John, Silvers, and Sasha, the seven of them surrounded the exit.

Lee Hei, Watts Yournae, Gigas Sermont, Lucas Flare, each of the four young masters and disciples of Kairos manned a stratagem formation at the four corners of the training hall.

"There is no army coming here to tighten the net," Kairos explained calmly.

"Oh? Could it be that you'd think that I'll believe in such a childish fib?"

"Believe it as you will. I suggest you to spend your final minutes well."

The White Emperor sneered, not taken by the lies he heard. He chuckled softly, saying confidently, "This seemingly flawless plan of yours have two glaring mistakes."

Kairos raised an eyebrow but otherwise did not say a word and he waved a hand. The four stratagems activated immediately.

Illusions of tall white walls appeared surrounding the group and sealed them up in this training hall. While these are mirages, but a strange power seemed to really be in this place that prevented anyone from leaving. This is but one out of the four stratagems and already it is an extraordinarily famous one.