Chapter 43: The Best Offense is an Impenetrable Defence (Part 1)

A few breaths later, Kairos reopened his eyes, with a strange silver light flitting across that is remnant of the Time element.

A couple of barbarians approaches. They thought Kairos as vulnerable and sought to take him down.

Without defending himself, Kairos turned his head towards Alan and shouted, "Use your Ki Barrier and protect everyone."

The barbarians that are about to surround him suddenly appeared as though they were moving through a thick swamp and became many times slower.

Then afterwards, he turned towards Von Cixton.

Just as his eyes found his target, he disappeared from sight leaving his attackers stunned.

After Kairos left, the strange restrains on their bodies disappeared.

Almost at the same time, he appeared next to Von without any hint. There wasn't a movement in the air announcing his arrival, nor was there a fleeting trail of afterimages left behind Kairos that accompanied someone who came over with great speed.

The place Von is at, the backline, had already been compromised. He was channelling all his attention to fend off the attackers. When Kairos appeared, he had a great shock, and almost accidentally blasted his enemies together with his cousin sky high.

His cousin, Lux Cixton, who had been tasked with protecting the ranged units stood nearby in his Molten Walker golem.

Lava and flames surrounded him, but it didn't deter the war-crazed barbarians from leaping onto his back and trying to rip into him.

His golem stood tall above the men, however it only made him a bigger target. Over twenty enemies crawled up and down his back, slamming their weapons into the melted rocks on him.

It will be a matter of time before this giant is brought down.

As more ambushers enter the fray, the Saint Empire cultivators who are specialised in far range attacks became bogged down.

Without projectiles that could shoot them down, the Frosthral barbarians took to the air.

Space solidified under the feet, allowing them to walk up into the sky as though there is an invisible stairway.

Very few attacks came their way as expected, only hundreds while they numbered in the thousands. It will take very little effort to avoid.

They looked at their enemies from above with weapons in hands.

Kairos looked up at them and said to Von beside him, "Lend me your abilities."

Von was shocked at his words and he turned his head quickly towards Kairos with a face full of questions.

Can abilities be loaned? If that's possible, then what's the point of gaining abilities?

People can just create an 'Abilities Market', buying or borrowing the talents they want.

When Von saw Kairos' expressionless face and his slightly dulled eyes, he was shocked.

"This guy is still in a trance!?"

Kairos stiffly repeated again, "Lend me your abilities."

Von subconsciously nodded his head. If there must be someone he should trust his life to right now, the number one candidate will definitely be Kairos.

Without turning his eyes away from the barbarians standing on air, Kairos' hand went over to Von's forehead and plucked out something.

When Von looked at what Kairos held between his fingers, he saw a strange silvery light wiggling like a live animal and at the same time, he felt his connection with the Time element severed.