Chapter 25: Byakko Combat Form

Everyone close to Tommy felt that they were engulfed by the wrath of a dangerous beast. The previous fights had snapped something in him and his fighting spirit reached an all-time-high.

Above his brows black stripes like a tiger's appeared forming three strokes across a one stroke down. The appearance of the character Wang (王), the ancient word for ruler, announced the presence of a warrior king that the Frosthral barbarians will come to fear and respect.

His irises transformed into shimmering blue cat eyes as a violent burst of power rushed out of him followed by an earthshattering roar.

The very air tremored uncontrollably and those with weaker constitution coughed out blood and fainted.

It was the power only a monster would have.

"You're right... he is giving off freakish bad vibes," the barbarian standing near the front whispered and started backing away.

The others, however, did not cower away. They are still warriors by blood and not many could withstand the shame of losing without a fight, moreover, they could tire Tommy out by sheer numbers.

If they retreated just because of the enemy's presence, it will be too embarrassing.

A wave of black plasma washed over them.

Blood curling screams erupted from those around. No matter how powerful their bodies are, the plasma gave them burns horrible enough to cause them to keel over with pain.

It wouldn't take their lives, for this is merely an outburst of the power Tommy is giving off.

Those standing further behind were luckier. Their skin looked badly scalded instead of being burnt, but they had also lost their ability to fight.

The row after them somehow managed to persist with their formidable resilience, but because everything happened too quickly, they had no chance to put up a shred of defence and their strength already been weakened to half of their prime.

If they were internal cultivators, not only the first two groups, it is possible that a third of the thirty thousand would've been burned to death by the scorching plasma.

Yet, this fearsome heat is something that could increase as Tommy's cultivation rises.

In almost an instance, two thousand barbarians were out commission, and the fight had barely begun.

The guy that had backed off previously is now in the worst condition of them all. He had pushed another forward to test Tommy's condition after fighting Swordy and Sword Slave.

If there was a chance, he would've leapt forward. The fame for victory would secure his place in the north. Even if the promotion trial is usually fair, there are times when the trial challenger succeeds without a fight, especially when the person is highly respected.

Unfortunately, Tommy's condition looked horrifying but his wounds did not diminish much of his strength.

Just by his battle aura alone a natural phenomenon of such scale and power occurred.

The barbarian noticed something was wrong and retreated quickly but is still so badly burnt that he couldn't lift a single without feeling immense pain. Yet because of the distance he created, his injuries are not enough to send him into a blissful abyss and he could only stare at Tommy with eyes mixed with fear and anger.

"What sorcery was that? He must've cheated. Even if he completes the trial I will never acknowledge him! He said that he came from Avalon? Pifff, don't make me laugh. He probably murdered the real one and took his place."