Chapter 28: Don't Run!

The fearsome attack crashed into Tommy like the maws of a deadly beast. The ferocious roar of wind accompanied by excessive violence was enough to make those watching to shake like leaves.

Those watching struggled to keep their eyes open under the wind pressure. When they blinked to clear their vision and briefly make out a figure standing resolutely against the churning blade intent.

Strangely, the wildly whipping wind seemed to stop after nearing the person.

Only the few standing behind Tommy was fortunate enough to see clearly everything that had happened.

When the deadly blade intent touched the orb of blizzard, the frightening howl and unreasonable force was pulled into the sphere.

However, the Triple S level attack far overwhelms Tommy's Secret Art in power, and so only a small part of the blade intent was sucked in at a time with the rest are left outside.

Inside the orb, the different energies clashed brutally.

While the blade intent overwhelmed everything, the storm shown no signs of stopping. Slowly, a strange thing occurred, facing such power, the storm instead grew in both size and ferocity.

While the blade intent tore apart the wild forces of nature, it also provoked the storm.

When the three elements of nature worked in tandem, 'change' becomes inevitable. It ripped apart the stable blade intent, twisting it and moulding it into all kinds of forms.

The fourth form of the blade, the accumulated essence of a blade master's skill, could cleave apart a mountain from a thousand paces away.

Yet, before the untameable blizzard, it split apart in the chaos and struck itself like there was a great urge to self-destruct.

Red Blade, "....."

The lips of the blade master twitched uncontrollably as he watched his own technique slowly destroyed itself as though a masochistic ghost had possessed the killing move he took great pains to unleash.

The blade intent continued to become smaller and smaller until its entirety was drawn into the blizzard orb and disappeared.

A wide goofy smile appeared on Tommy's face.

Although he knew that it was because blade intents are uncontrollable after executed that allowed his Secret Art to rip a SSS-level attack apart, just thinking about it was exciting.

His own blizzard orb dispersed shortly after that and he looked at Red Blade and asked in triumph, "Can you still fight?"

The tall and powerful man slowly stood up to his full height.

For a moment, Tommy was afraid their battle will carry on. Since External Practitioners are famous for their ability to recover it is possible that Red Blade would have enough to go another round.

He didn't know that this guess was completely on spot.

Fortunately, the blade master no longer felt an itch to fight. The battle had been truly satisfying.

The Heaven Titan practitioner had recognised Tommy's strength and bowed his head slightly saying, "I will join you. Of course, you still need to complete this trial first."

Tommy rejoiced at once. With the aid of such a powerful external practitioner, their first step is already a resounding success.

He looked at the remnant Frosthral Frontline soldiers and walked slowly towards them.

Except the ones brainwashed into thinking that Tommy is in the guise of a child of Avalon and enemy of their homeland, many are already considering throwing down their arms.