Chapter 70: Kidnapped

A stray portal opened up in a catacomb somewhere.

Two men dragged an unconscious boy out by his shoulders. His feet dragging limply across the floor. His long black hair unkempt and rolled down his sides.

The Southerners do not have the tradition to keep their hair as a symbol of respecting their body given by their parents.

Mages have always preferred practicability over such nuances.

His long smooth hair, clean pearling teeth, and radiant complexion is a sign that he came from a well-to-do family. However, the clothes he wore are that of a Great General and one that had seen many battles. For someone his age, it isn't strange to be on the warfront but to achieve such high military rank is impressive.

The boy's eyes fluttered open, briefly taking in his surroundings, before closing again.

The interval between consciousness is becoming shorter. Given his condition, it is a miracle that he is getting better.

Most of the things he saw were too blurry to make out, but one image burnt into his mind. A familiar person chained to a giant boulder was behind one of the heavy doors with only a small metal plate, likely used to shove plates of food. They tried to cover up his cell but things are a little lax in a place where nobody should be able to escape and they left the food hatch unsecured.

A tiny opening was all he needed. He had to concentrate, of course. To direct all his will and remain awake, but he made sure he wasn't being delirious before slipping off into unconsciousness again.

This is a person everyone is searching for, the emperor of Saint Empire, Galahad Vestimore.

He woke up in a metal chair with his arms, legs, and neck strapped.

Two man and a woman in robes and tall hats stood patiently next to him.

"Good. He's finally coming around."

"A miracle, considering he had multiple organ failures."

"Unsurprising. With that level of life magic he can wield, his vigour must be off the charts."

"Now boy, do you know where you are right now?"

Kairos took the time to look at the cell holding him. He is obviously in a prison cell. From his knowledge of the south, those who display magical talents are kidnapped to a school and this place certainly isn't one.

He looked at the torture tools on the side. A clamp device for his fingers and toes, a set of prongs probably to remove nails and tooth, a few incision knives of different sizes, and a rusty old saw.

They are all very frightening, except Kairos could tell that they are placed here for show. Magic can pull out anything from a person that these objects can, and there were no signs that these items had seen use.

Besides, torture is a roundabout way of doing things when spells can get them further.

He looked at those present.

The older looking man in grey robes was the one that kidnapped him. With a magic portal, one can move across countries in minutes just like a teleportation rune except much more precise. White beard and hair, piercing green eyes and holding an ugly gnarled root staff adorned with yellow amber; A standard wizard's gear.

The middle-age looking man wore blue robes with a black hat. There are white symbols and lines covering his clothes as magical enchantments. Unversed with the mages' crafts except for what he learned through Aisa, he would not know much about enchanted robes.

The young woman had black robes like a witch's but it is very tightly clad and flattering. She did not look a day older than twenty with brown curls flowing down her back.