Chapter 34: The March For The Final Battle

The troops cheerfully marched towards the Ku Kang Camp.

As the rules of war dictates, supplies must arrive before the army reaches. Saint Empire soldiers were trained to procure food on any terrain they are in, but in this frozen wasteland, there were nothing but shrubs and dried roots.

At this time, the Frosthral barbarians thought that it is a good time to show how far behind their new comrades are. At least their lineage isfilled with nomadic ancestors.

In moments, they dug up snow that were indistinguishable from its surroundings, but every time there were frozen vegetables or lair of small animals underneath.

Without exception, the food that found were all spirit plants or animals, there are hardly any normal living thing that could survive in this harsh cold.

Thanks to the ingredients filled with Heavenly Energies, the Saint Empire cultivators managed to survive the cold, though they still had to supplement with Ki recovering pills.

As days passed, the temperature dropped steeply, until the soldiers started shivering constantly.

As cultivators, their footwork is far from common. They could outpace a regular horse without slowing down for a week, so for them to head north a few days they have already gone quite a considerable distance.

In this weather, the barbarians who are locals, are wholly unaffected. Of course, many Snowdrifts guild members who had cultivated in the External Arts are also able to shrug off the cold.

In fact, they seemed even less uncomfortable than those burly warriors.

The barbarians couldn't help but noticed this and many started asking.

"Why is it that you lot with your beanpole bodies ain't looking cold?"

"Hey, why is it that your Saint Empire friends are turning blue, but you're wearing a singlet in this weather?"

Even the soldiers under Esley command were speechless. They had been shaking like leaves while marching.

If not for the snow around them, people would've thought they are doing a new type of dance, leaf-walk.

"H... how... how... are... you you guys just ada da da da da da da da da da da... adapting to this cooooollddddd!?"

"He's right... You don't just ada da da da da da da da adapt to thi thi thi this ... weather. Gosh I bit bit bit myself."

Facing either the barbarians or the Saint Empire soldiers, the Snowdrifts guild members only smiled wryly.

As more and more started becoming curious, someone finally sighed and replied.

"This kind of coldness is frankly nothing after going through that."

Quickly, another person from the Snowdrifts agreed, "That is really inhumane. I have nightmares about that every single day. In fact, I haven't slept for a week."

"Hah... just a week? I haven't slept for a month, you weakling."

"....."

"Better than being a coward like you. Just go to sleep already. Maybe you'll be so deeply asleep that you won't dream anything this time?"

"Ahhh... Don't even think about it. It's impossible. I've once stopped sleeping for two months and still got nightmares. That time, I was so tired that I couldn't wake up no matter what. Can you imagine going through that over and over and over...?"

Even for cultivators a month-long without rest is too much but whatever the Snowdrifts guild members had gone through must've been terrifying enough to make them compete about how long they hadn't slept.