Chapter 58: A Pauper

The White Emperor had not seen how the Snowdrifts fight in the past, but he instantly recognised his opponents. Who else on the whole of Gaia could spend gold like dirt?

A thought flashed across his mind... Perhaps the strongest personal strength on Gaia isn't Peak SSS cultivation. With enough wealth, even Paramount Cultivators could be crushed by a mountain of spirit stones and treasures.

Reynold sighed, "I never thought that the famous founders of the Snowdrifts are Spirit Contractors. How many years has it been since one appeared, and now four?"

To be this wealthy, he guessed that they had met special encounters in the past and wasn't surprised that they had Great Spirits as partners. Such fortune, even as a Paramount Cultivator he couldn't help but be envious of them.

The shadow warriors from Gigas' corner of the room started making their way towards him. There's no doubt that the moment the attack starts, the hundred blades from Lucas' corner will launch at them.

With the exit now sealed off by the Walls of Jericho, the seven people guarding the door are now free to join the battle.

They walked behind the shadows, fully alert. Their mission is to drag the fifteen personal guards away from Reynold, but none of them are confident. After all, they are facing the strongest soldiers of the Ku Kang Camp whose cultivation already reached Entry and Mid SSS and are not easy opponents.

The White Emperor took a look at the situation and understood their plans. He gave Kairos a look and indicated with a tilt of his head to change their battle location.

While everyone else are facing off and squaring each other up, the five of them, Reynold, Kairos, Jim, Edward, and Tommy walked quietly, without a hint of bloodlust, towards another section of the Training Hall as though they are students heading to class.

Since it is virtually impossible to get to the bunker now, Reynold turned his goal towards getting away. The ideal solution is to escape before Esley and the other Great Generals arrive, but he could not estimate how far away they are.

In that case, it is better to finish this fight by spending the least amount of energy to have enough left to face the East Wind later. If the four boys wanted to separate him from his personal guards for a battle, then he is most willing to accommodate.

Reynold secretly laughed, "Against a Paramount Cultivator, they dare to split their forces in two. Naïve!"

He didn't know that at this time, the Saint Empire's Great Generals are following Esley around the Ku Kang Camp to round up any stragglers that had not reach the bunker and no one made their way towards the Training Hall at the south. After all, this may be their one and only opportunity to take advantage of the enemy's retreat to greatly weaken their numbers. In fact, Esley wouldn't know where to go because the plan to rout the White Emperor had been kept secret that only the core members from Snowdrifts know.

Kairos had discussed this with Luciette and George beforehand, and the three master strategists agree that their assassination mission must be done in absolute secrecy, otherwise even the first step of invading the Ku Kang Camp will be jeopardised.

Not many know all the preparation they had done for this day: from turning the Dark Hall into their own forces and using the Ghosts as stand-ins to the secret invasion of the impenetrable Ku Kang plateau using Cave Trolls and master thieves' shadow clone technique.

In fact, they could only succeed because of the absolute trust the Snowdrifts guild have with each other.

No many knows but somewhere along the way, every core member had taken up upon themselves to swear fealty with Soul Jades to Kairos, just like Snow, Leaf, Small and Smaller had done so years ago.