Chapter 10

__________________________Your POV_________________________

You woke up pretty late. After all it was still night out. You went over to Levi's room where you heard whimpering. You opened the door to his bedroom very quietly and walked up to his bed. You saw that he was suffering from a nightmare. You smiled softly and said "Its okay." you then brought your hand up to his forehead and started to chant a small spell. His tense body immediately relaxed. You gave a soft sigh and quietly walked out and shut the door behind you. You crawled back on the couch and said "Think of this as a thank you for the blanket." before falling back to sleep

—————————————————Time skip to three weeks——————————————— 

Over the past three weeks, everyone had started to come around and accept you as their friend, which you were extremely happy about. You even found out about Levi's obsession with cleaning, which reminds you to never make fun of Levi again. After all, he did make you clean every bathroom in the castle. But, even after three weeks you had a very complicated relationship with him. You could barely tell if he hated you or if he was your friend. But, you still treated him as a friend nonetheless.

One day,however, you, Levi, Jean, Eren, Mikasa, Armin, and Bertholt were out shopping together.

"Tch, I don't understand why I have to babysit." Levi complained.

"Oh, come on it can't be that bad, I meant think of it this way, you get to hang out with everyone." You said trying to cheer Levi up.

"And how is that cheering me up." Levi spat. You just chuckled nervously.

___________________________Time skip_________________________

It was starting to get dark and everyone was starting to leave to go back to HQ.

That was until you heard crying you stopped mid-step and tried to locate the sound. Levi and the rest stopped and stared at you.

"Will you hurry up already." Levi said impatiently.

"Shh, I hear someone crying." You said.

"Tch, just ignore it already." Levi said even more impatiently. You however, ignored him and walked across the road to where you see a small boy crying and an elderly woman trying to sooth him, everyone soon follows you.

"Is something the matter?" You said politely.

"I'm so sorry, he just won't stop crying. Usually when he gets like this his mother would sing to him. But, unfortunately she died a few years ago." the elderly woman said. You then came up with a great idea.

"If its alright with you can I sing to him." you ask. The elderly woman looks shocked for a moment before nodding.

"I don't know how good I'll be but, I'll try my best." you said softly to the woman before kneeling down to the crying boy and began to sing.

(Please go to link in order to listen to the song being sung: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QT85lFhlsXc)

After you were done singing, the boy had stopped crying and is now staring wide-eyed at you and smiling. You then stood up and look around you to find that everyone is staring at you. Even people who were shopping moments ago stopped to hear you sing. They then began applauding and the group that you were with were giving you a thumbs-up and Mikasa even had a slight smile on her face.

You however, were blushing so red that you thought your face could resemble a tomato. You were about to leave when you felt your pant leg being tugged on. You look down and see the small boy looking down. You kneel in front of him once more and ask very calmly and nicely "would you like something?" The boy nodded and gave you a hug. You were very shocked. No one from your world has ever dared to hug you and because of this you were very tense but, you got used to it and hugged the boy back. "Thank you very much" you said in a very sweet voice. The boy let go and gave you the biggest smile you have ever seen.

Yo got up and walked over to your friends, you looked back to see the boy waving wildly at you, you gave a small wave back.

As you were almost back at HQ, Levi walked up and said "where did you learn that song?" you were surprised and first but answered.

"My mom sang that song to me when I used to cry." I said smiling at the memories.

______________________Levi's POV______________________ 

I was in total shock at the song (F/N) was singing. I can still remember the way she was singing it too. It was like she no longer cared who listened to the song. It was a song filled with absolute joy and happiness. When I learned that her mother sang that song to her when she used to cry, it made a little sense as to why she sang that particular song.

'That song seemed to have not only calmed the boy down but, everyone around as well. This girl really is a mystery.' I thought to myself.

When we got back, we were told that we were to go on an expedition tomorrow.

(F/N) and her three friends seemed excited about it. This was when everyone decided to go to bed early for tomorrow.

As (F/N) an I were heading towards our rooms in order to go to bed (F/N) decided to break the silence by saying "I'm sorry if I disrespected you by not doing what you said by ignoring the crying but, I couldn't leave someone who is in need alone." She said.

"Tch, it's fine brat its not like you did anything to deserve punishment over." I said.

I heard a soft chuckle come from (F/N) and asked "What the hell is so funny."

"It's nothing, just the fact that your the only one who hasn't called me by my name yet." She said in a rather amused voice.

"Tch, whatever are you talking about brat" I said in a teasing voice.

"Aw~, come on~, we've known each other for three weeks, I think its time for you to say my name." (F/N) whined.

"Shut it, stupid brat" I said again purposefully not saying her name.

"Aw come on~, say it~." (F/N) continued to whine.

I gave a small smirk at her reaction. 'she's just like a child' I thought while I quickly removed my smirk. She seemed to have noticed because she kept staring at me.

"What" I said to her in my usual monotonous voice.

"Do that again." (F/N) stated

"Do what?" I asked

"Show me that smile again." She said.

"What smile?" I said trying to play dumb.

"Oh come on don't play dumb with me." She said while pouting.

"I really have no idea what your talking about" I said still trying to play dumb.

"I know what I saw, I'm not crazy." She shot back.

"Are you sure about not being crazy, cause you seem pretty crazy to me." I shot back at her.

"Aw, Levi you injure me so." She said while clutching her chest dramatically. But then she suddenly said "You know you should smile like that more. After all, I think its cute when you smiled like that." She mumbled that last part but I still heard her. Her cheeks were tinted pink from what she just said.

'Wow, she can be cute when she wants to be." I suddenly thought.

'Wait, what the hell was I just thinking." I then thought.

We finally made to the room and (F/N) went to her spot on the couch and I went towards my bed. For some odd reason I haven't had a nightmare in a long time.

I think that (F/N) did something but, she wouldn't admit it when I asked her. Instead she would just giggle at what I said and walk away.

'Oh well, its not like I'm complaining.' I thought before falling asleep.