"ωє'ℓℓ ѕqυєαк υρ-αнєм, ѕηєαк υρ. ᴄ'мση нєη-єя, мєη."

- Doc,
Disney's Snow White and the Seven Dwarves, 1937.

TW:
BLOT GORE + VIOLENCE + MENTION OF V*MITTING (BUT DOESN'T HAPPEN)

∂ωαяƒѕ' мιηє - єηтяαηᴄє

Y/n's POV

Grim and I stood in front of the entrance of the mineshaft. No light is seen inside, but knowing what lurks within the darkness.. It's enough to make my hair turn white. Tightening my hold around the pickaxe, I try to psyche myself out before Grim and I have to head in.

Quiet whimpers and mews catch my attention, glancing down at Grim. He seems visibly shaken, his tail would jolt spontaneously.

He seems to be having second thoughts with the plan. "Y/n... Is this plan of yours really gonna work? I'm sca- I mean, uh I'm a little... uh, hungry." He corrects himself, not looking at me. Feeling my heart soften at the sight of how nervous Grim is I crouch down to his level, being mindful of my dress, and turn him towards me.

His big turquoise eyes look into mine, I can see myself mirrored in his eyes. I mustered up the courage to smile and pet in between his ears. "It's nothing we can't handle, we're not alone. I trust Ace and Deuce to cover us and carry out the plan, but in order for them to do so-"

I moved my hand from his shoulder to the middle of his chest. "We got to show them just how awesome "The Great Grim and his reliable Henchwoman" are. ... You think we can do that? I think so." I prayed my words were enough to give Grim courage. His eyes seemed to sparkle and shine, a small smile spreads across his face and he nods. "M'yeah! Let's do this!!"

I smiled and in return I moved my hand from his head, placing a peck in between his ears. His ears flap excitably, "W-What was that for human?! Kissin' me?!" I giggled and hold up a finger. "For luck. You gotta brace for the worst, right?"

Ace cuts into our special moment with a fake gag.
"That's certainly not gonna help! Keep it loose and keep it lively. Let's do this!"

Ace pulls out his magical pen, ready to carry out his part of the plan. Deuce makes eye contact with me and nods. "We'll be ready to attack when you two come running out the mineshaft with the monster." He unhooks his magical pen from his blazer, readying himself up for the plan. Giving one more grin of affirmation towards the boys, I stood back up and gestured towards the cave. "After you Grim." "Right!" Grim cautiously walks over towards the entrance, peering inside.

Soon the sound of him inhaling deeply is heard, "H-HEY, monster! I'm over here!!" Grim's voice echoes along the cave walls. And not far behind a hulking mass is seen heading towards Grim, "Grrrrrrraaaaaawwwwrr! BEGOOOOONE!"

Grim flinches and turns tail, running towards me, screaming. "He's coming our way! Y/n!"

The monster leaves the darkness of the mineshaft and into the open space of the Silent Woods. Grim takes flight and hides behind my shoulder as I stood in place and take the broken magestone out of my dress pocket. Holding it up into the light, a kaleidoscope of colors shine through the stone.

"Right over here, Grumpy!"

"Grrugh? Thieeef thiis waaay tooo- HUUURK?! S-STOOONNE?! Yoooouu haaave sstooone!! THIEEEFF!! Giiiiive stooone baaaack!!" The monster garbled, lifting an inky fist over it's crystal head. I realize that it's gonna strike, I fling my arms around Grim's body and launch us out of the way. Right before the fist could ever make contact, a very unsettling SPLAT sounded off in the spot where Grim and I were once standing.