Bust Balls, Shoot Walls

We had a small funeral to send Lucy on her way. Then we loaded up and began our journey again. Hours later, there was a woman wailing while we were driving.

"Help!" She yelled.

"What is that?" Murphy asked.

"Keep going!" Warren said.

"Help!" The woman yelled again.

"No. Stop!" Murphy argued.

"Somebody help me!" She yelled, she didn't sound too much in danger though.

"Aren't you the one that always says never get out of the boat?" Warren asked.

"I'm getting out of the boat. I'm killing some bad guys. Who's coming with?" Murphy said and began to walk off.

"Hey, hey, hey." Warren stopped him. "Let me check it out first, all right? Don't do this in the headspace you're in. Nothing good can come of it." She said.

"Nothing good comes of anything." Murphy said. He pressed on anyways.

"Well what in the hell do we have here? The world's saddest carnival?" Doc asked when we came upon a Ferris wheel that wasn't in service anymore.

"Mad Zs. Four. - Oh, no, five." Tommy said.

"Any humans?" Lilly asked.

"Up there." I pointed.

"Alive or Z?" Warren asked.

"Can't tell. Now who would do that to a woman? I tell you, it's not the zombies that make the Apocalypse suck. - It's the damn people." Doc said.

"Help. Help." The woman said.

"Hang on." Murphy called.

"Help me. Please." The woman perked up and was now more lively. "Don't leave me! They tied me up here and left me for the Zs!" The woman said.

"Bastards. Who? Who did this to you?" Murphy asked.

"Help me!" She wailed again.

"Let's get her down." Warren said.

"For God's sake, hurry!" She cried.

"You guys keep them busy. I got an idea." Doc said.

"You done playing around? I'm dying up here." The woman said. Doc and Murphy rejoined the group and we got her down.

"Hey, whoa. Whoa, take it easy. You're gonna get sick if you drink it that fast." Doc said when she chugged the water.

"She okay?" Warren asked.

"She'll live." Murphy said.

"Good. Let's get her out of here and get back on the road." Warren said.

"Whoa. Hold on. What happened? Who did this to you?" Murphy asked. Hollering and music could be heard suddenly. Not too loud but off in the distance inside one of the buildings next to us.

"They did this?" Murphy asked.

"They put me up here. killed Jacko and Warlock. My son is in there." She said.

"They got your son?" Tommy asked.

"He's so dead." She said.

"They killed your son? The men up there?" The woman made a face. "That does it." Murphy said standing up.

"Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait. Which men? And who's all in that shack?" Warren asked.

"I'm putting a stop to this." Murphy said.

"Murphy, don't do this." Warren said.

"I've had enough, all right! Who's coming with me?" He asked.

"Now Murphy, I know you're hurting. But this will not bring Lucy back. Or Charlie. Addy. Sun Mei. Vasquez. Or any of them." Warren said.

"Neither will listening to you." Murphy scoffed and walked away.

"For once I think he's right." Tommy said.

"Babe" I hissed. He walked away and I followed him cursing at him the whole time. 

"How could you say that to her? After everything she's done?" I asked.

"Could you do nothing?" He asked

"We're not doing nothing, she was trying to get info, yall just want to bust balls and shoot walls." I complained. He laughed and threw his arm over my shoulder and we continued walking.

---

"This is weird. A giant mushroom... thing?" Tommy said. There was a giant mushroom.. thing. Whatever the hell it was.

"Oh good, you see it too? I thought I was having a flashback." Doc said.

"How many you think are in there?" Doc asked.

"Sounds like a lot." Tommy said.

"All the better." Murphy said. Warren creeped up beside me, startling 10k. He turned around and held his blade defensively. She smiled up at him proudly.

"Sorry" He muttered.

"Don't do this." She said.

"Go away, Warren. We got this." Murphy said.

"This is not our fight. You saved the woman. She's gonna be fine. Let's go." Warren said. I can't help but agree with her.

"These scumbags just don't get a pass. The Apocalypse is not an excuse." Murphy said.

"You just can't kill bad guys. Those aren't zombies. Those are humans. Not many of us left, even if we're... bad." She said.

"Yeah, well it's time to drain the gene pool." Murphy said.

"Her son could still be in there. What if that was one of us?" 10k asked.

"But it's not. We can't save everyone." Warren said. Tommy sighed and turned around.

"Oh, Mad Zs." Murphy said.

"Wait. Those aren't Mad Zs. That's... Those are clowns." Tommy said. Two people with face paint on walked into view.

"Clowns?" I asked my voice slightly higher than usual.

"Yeah" Tommy nodded.

"Clowns?" Murphy asked.

"Could be worse. Could be mimes." Doc said. My stomach turned. 

"Warren's right. This isn't out fight" I said trying to get them to drop it.

"That's it. I've seen enough. Let's go." Murphy said before walking forward. Warren tried to stop him but the two men noticed our presence. One lifted his gun and shot. Murphy tackled Warren in time to protect her. He rushed forwards and took his cane-sword to their bodies. 

"Murphy, wait! Don't do this." Warren called.

"Don't do what?" A man said and pointed a gun at Murphy's head. More clowns joined and surrounded us. My hand squeezed Tommy's.