Chapter 19 - Date

Haein

We had been silent the entire trip, and I was shy enough to strike any conversation with her, and maybe she felt the same. She pointed to the samgyup place where she wanted to eat. Luckily I'm okay with pork and meat.

Entire lunch was silent too. Eating out is something I am not comfortable doing with someone else, since mundane food is something I'm really not fond of.

I thought of another plan. My comfort place.

I looked at her, worried she might find me boring. We finished our lunch, and she was quite silent, so I opened up a small talk. 

"Can we still go somewhere else after this, somewhere quiet?" I asked her bravely this time. I am not sure why she looked at me weirdly, but she said yes. 

Somewhere quiet.

I

I

've searched for places near nature before here in Korea, all the parks or forests where I could be at my best. Nature. Having elf blood I guess. I found her blushing the moment our car entered the parking lot. I'm not sure if I've done anything wrong. 

"Are you okay? I mean if we stroll around here. I am not sure if this is something you will enjoy."

Jisoo chuckled. "I am totally okay here. I just didn't know you'd choose a forest park. I mean like an old soul."

I laughed at her remark. That's not totally wrong. I'm 87 year old anyways. 

"Is it weird for men to choose forest park for a date?" I clapped back.

"Are we dating?" She asked poking fun at me. 

"We are."

I held her hand and she did not pull back. We walked inside the park, holding each other's hand. 

The park was indeed beautiful. Peaceful for walks, picnics, dates. Surely my comfort place and I am glad she liked it too. Well she had phoenix blood and an immortal, being an old soul could be not new to her. 

"So beautiful here." She whispered in awe. "How did you know this place, you are a transferee too, right?" She curiously asked. Her eyes wandered on man made lakes, tulip gardens, all are mesmerizing. 

"I researched for places to go before we moved here in Korea."

"For dates?" She asked like a jealous kid. 

I shook my head. "No. I always wanted quiet places away from people."

"Where did your family come from?" She asked as we stopped in front of a man made lake. Our eyes glistened on the clear water, the huge blue skies reflecting on it. 

"Germany. We lived in Munich."

"Wow." She exclaimed. "You speak German?" 

My hand from her hand slid down her back as I beamed at her. I looked at her intently, smiling.