Chapter 25 - Kiss

Jisoo

Jisoo

Nearly midnight, we were on the porch, watching the full moon. An hour of almost chatting about what our families are, what we like and what we want to do, I found myself yawning in front of him. His love of nature, my love of books, movies and being alone, what he still wants to do. We talked a lot. And it feels so good for the first time I am able to share those thoughts with someone else. We went inside and he settled himself on the couch. 

"I'll just get a blanket."

I left him alone downstairs. I entered the room and rested my back at the door. Haein is really here tonight. It feels surreal. Blissful. 

I returned to the living area only to find him sleeping peacefully. I covered him with the blanket I got and slump on the carpet. I rested my chin on my palm above the couch, a few inches away from Haein's face. 

"Thank you for insisting on staying tonight." I whispered in a very low low voice trying not to wake him up. "I want you to know I am happy."

I traced the tip of his nose. "Goodnight Haein."

I took a quick glance at his handsome face, and bent a little, I bit my lip as I planted a peck on his lip. "I like you too."

I was about to stand up when he catched my wrist and pulled me down. I sank to the carpet, his face levelled on mine. "Say that again." 

A lump on my throat was formed, as words were entrapped down. 

His hand slid on my nape, pulling me to him. Until our lips met. Soft. Tender. I closed my eyes, feeling my heartbeat.

Did it stop, or was it beating too fast? It was just a peck, a gentle press of his lip against mine, but the bolts of spark it gave my body is unfathomable. Butterflies. All over within me. 

We parted but we are still just inches away, his lip pursed on a smile he's trying to contain. "I want to hear it again." He whispered as his thumb caressed my blushing cheek. 

I exhaled sharply. I can't hold back, because just like him, the day our eyes met, the day he grabbed my hand on the rooftop, I knew I liked him. 

My amber eyes looked at his beautiful bloody eyes. That pair of eyes I'll never get tired staring at. I looked at him intently. Not just the words I wanted him to hear, but through my eyes, I wanted him to feel what my heart feels too. 

"I like you, Haein. I like you a lot."

Haein

A soft moan woke me up from my sleep. I am a very light sleeper but tonight could have been the longest sleep I had in my entire existence. And it was because of her. 

Jisoo was sleeping next to me on the couch, our bodies fitting into the slender furniture. A smile contoured on my lips as I watched her, still deeply asleep. And I clearly remembered what happened last night. Her confession. The kiss we shared. And how we ended up sleeping next to each other.