Chapter 10 Garret

This chapter is dedicated to new follower and avid voter cieadr93.

I go to tell Eve the Oracle is awake, only I can't find Eve anywhere.

Actually, now that I think about it, I haven't seen her since I left this morning.

I look internally and tug at our bond. I can sense her startle. I can also sense her distance from the pack lands.

Bit busy right now Garret. She grunts, cutting the link.

Fuck, what has she done now that she shouldn't have! Where the hell was she?

Eve! I growl, forcing back our link.

I'm ok, just heading back. I have some of the guys with me as promised. I'm fine. She links back hurriedly.

As promised? What the fuck is she talking about?

A portal appears and some of our warriors march through, looking a bit roughed up. More appear, bleeding and propped up by a fellow warrior. My eyes narrow, not liking what I see.

After thirty-odd men have come through, Luka, Lysario and Eve arrive, bruised, bleeding and laughing among themselves, followed by more men leading six prisoners.

I zero in on Eve's bruised cheek, split lip, a gash on her arm, and see red.
I have her up and over my shoulder, before she knows what's happened, leaving her stunned and silent.

Not for long though.

She explodes. A hissing, kicking, punching ball of energy, cursing me at the top of her lungs. A swift slap to her lush ass stops her in her tracks, as she splutters in disbelief.

I dump her onto our couch once we arrive home. Darius, Reece, and Dev are already here. Lysario and Luka arrive shortly after us. All looking at me confused.

Eve is off the couch like a shot.

"What the actual fuck Garret! How dare you!" Her finger jabs me in my chest. My cock twitches. I love feisty Eve but angry sex will have to wait.

"I don't know where you went, or what you did but you came back injured Eve and that's not ok!" I growl at her.

"Garret, you seem to have forgotten somewhere in the mix, that I am a head warrior. That I am essentially coordinating this war. Managing soldiers, intel, and missions. I know this may be hard to believe, but I'm actually qualified for the job and good at it. Sometimes I also get my hands dirty. I'm not going to send my men in to do something I wouldn't do. We work as a team."

She is red in the face and clearly very pissed at me. Her eyes are also glowing silver... that's new.

"Where was I? Well, I was with my team, taking out the weapons plant finally, in a surprise attack. Zero fatalities, minor injuries, Plant destroyed, enemies dead - bar the six we identified as the higherups with possible intel. You're welcome, your majesty." She finishes sarcastically.

"How hard was it to tell us you were doing this?" I bite out, struggling to rein in my own temper. I don't want to tip her temper over too far. And why weren't the others up growling with me?