Chapter 13 Eve

My tired is tired.

Yip, that's how tired I am.

Garret has to become King, which will make me Queen of the Dragon empire. I was trying to figure out how I was able to control the dragons without Garret being King but I'm guessing it doesn't matter who is King. He was supposed to be King before Hamish took the crown and now he is going to be.

Oh and to top off the fun of the new responsibilities heading our way, Hamish and his mate have disappeared from their cells. This happened before his chosen mate Divina could have her day of reckoning with her husband. Divina went ballistic after being denied her pound of flesh.

Then there's the Oracle, who I was hoping to bond with and share a laugh and a drink with. By the time she was finished making my head spin, she said she was keen on a drinking sesh anytime. I responded, "I doubt I would offer you a tampon during your period at present, let alone a drink!" She thought that was hilarious. Me, not so much.

The prophecy she repeated to me, made my jaw drop. In among the poetic mumbo jumbo, she essentially told me I would have ten mates.

Two would fall and one would rise. (Two kingdoms? Two mates?? I wasn't sure.) The Oracle also clarified - as I collected men from each realm. I would control their people if the mate was a ruler but if not, I wouldn't gain control until I had bonded all my men to me. Only then would I rule over all.

Just what I wanted, to be the fucking wizard of OZ.

Currently, I had no control of the Fae light or Dark, as the King still lingered in the light and I have yet to meet the dark. I had no witch side. Luka was of the opposing royal line, that had never succeeded in taking the throne and was not in power, so no vampy control there even if we did mate, until the rest of the mates arrive.

I had six men, one still unbonded. If I just had the witch and dark Fae left to go, what creature existed that I didn't know about to make the last two?

I had asked the Oracle but she said she could only tell me what was told to her. She wasn't allowed to interfere further than that. Stupid rule if you ask me.

I decide to head home, hand the prophecy to the guys to puzzle over, and go punch my frustration out in the gym. Portalling into the meeting hall however confuses me, especially when Ly starts telling me we have visitors who want to meet me - of the Dark Fae variety.

I groan. I don't want to add more mates right this second. I am still trying to navigate my budding relationship with Luka. How am I supposed to satisfy this many men and keep them happy? Am I supposed to be kept in the bedroom twenty-four-seven? Do we run a schedule to keep everything fair? Draw names out of a hat? Rock, paper, scissors?

Reece has suggested that maybe one of these visitors is my dark Fae mate. I shock him by repeating what the Oracle said - that there will be ten mates in total.

He asks me if I regret being with them, which is stupid of course. I don't regret being with any of them. I love them. He kisses me and says it would be the same with the rest. It will just work out however it is supposed to work.

Then Darius arrives with Max and two men. Two very shackled large attractive men. Covered in blood. One watches me curiously and the other looks like he wants to eat me, possibly using his teeth.