16 - Wet and Dirty

Ian sat with his leg up, and an ice pack propped on his knee. In hindsight, the walk to the park and the restaurant had over exerted it. It wasn't painful enough to wipe the smile off his face. After his initial disappointment at bunch, his day had gotten much better. It might be the best weekend he had in ages. Being with Ainsley was a combination of things he never expected. Ian laughed constantly and felt comfortable teasing her, but also the kissing was electrifying. He knew what he wanted and was pretty certain she wanted the same. He would be disappointed if she didn't.

She had gone to her apartment to check on Gunther. Ian smiled at the crazy name. He didn't care about her reason as long as she came back. She had been a tease throughout dinner including running her foot up his leg. It was true he didn't have a foot fetish but a foot strategically placed on his crotch was a wonderful thing. Unfortunately, she stopped short of his knee.

She winked and said, "I don't want to hurt your knee."

If that alone wasn't damn suggestive. He was lucky to stand at the end of the meal without looking obscene. Thinking about it, he might be obscene again. Not obscene but not presentable for polite company. Ainsley was polite company when she wasn't a tempting sexy vixen. He could easily introduce her to anyone in his world without feeling embarrassed. Not that he was ready for introductions. Their thing wasn't defined, but neither was looking for something serious. Knowing she wasn't looking for a ring eliminated the pressure he felt in his last relationship. Even friendship was a relationship, so it was safe to say they were developing a relationship.

Her statement about wanting to succeed on her own merits solidified his decision to keep his mother's identity and his relationship with the Sumners to himself. Ian was glad she didn't feel the need to get ahead that way. He thought of Henry and already decided to keep him out of his relationship too. He had an issue with one of her co-workers. They could be friends, and Henry was a bit of a prick. It never bothered Ian before because he was a great climbing partner and Ian tuned him out when he didn't want to listen to him. According to Henry the co-worker he didn't like used people to get ahead. That precluded Ainsley.

A knock on the door sent excitement rippling through him. It had been a long time since he felt as eager about anyone.

"It's open."

She appeared wearing the short skirt she had worn to dinner. Her short legs were shapely and his palms itched to touch them.

Her smile turned upside down. "Does it hurt?"

"Just achy. Come here."

She walked to him and without thinking he grabbed her by the waist and pulled her onto his lap. A little laugh escaped, but she didn't protest, especially as their lips found each other's. Ian swiped his tongue along her lips. He sucked on her lower lip. He moaned as she squirmed in his lap against his arousal. Did she know she was killing him? His hand caressed her smooth thigh. The back of his hand brushed against the fabric of her skirt as it slipped underneath.

Breaking away from her lips he brushed across her cheek until he reached her neck just under her ear. The smooth patch of velvet skin tasted like her musky floral scent.

He whispered as he nipped her lobe. "If you keep moving, I might get dirty."

She threw her head back and laughed. "S'okay. I'm definitely wet."

With his fingers a few inches from her heat, he needed to know. He slipped his finger under the damp fabric and ran it along her seam. She shut her eyes which was invitation enough to dip in to see just how wet she was. He pulled his finger out and lifted it to his nose. He wanted to taste her.

She shifted and turned until she straddled him. The ice pack fell with a thump. Both ignored it. Rocking against him, he groaned. "You are incredible."

She looked at him. "Will your knee be okay?"