Chapter 39

"Can the power of friendship get us through concrete?"

Pit ignored the question and ran a hand through his already messy hair, nervously "There must be a way out..." he flicked his eyes all around the room. 

Y/N sat down on a stray piece of rubble "What's the use Pit?" she sighed "Hades will anyways destroy Greece, and if we stay here any longer- we'll go down with it." Y/N pursed her lips "I heard that Egypt is very beautiful this time of year so maybe-"

"What are you saying, Y/N?!" Pit yelled at her, not believing his ears. Y/N glared back "I don't want to die, cupid!" she spat "I don't want to die and be reset!"

Pit gave a growled in frustration "We won't die! Even if we will, at least we'll die heroes!" Y/N rolled her eyes "But that won't matter if we're DEAD," she pointed out, thinking of new Egyptian identities for them both.

Pit sighed, he held her hands in his "We're going to get out of this, okay? You'll be fine," Y/N looked at him skeptically, about to remind him of the times he put them in danger. "I promise." Pit added, looking her in the eye.

Y/N looked away "But.. if I get reset...?" Pit managed to crack a smile "I'll bring you back." he reassured her. Y/N tried to look anywhere but at him, feeling strangely embarrassed. She gritted her teeth "D'you promise?" she asked.

"I promise." Pit said again.

He pulled her up to her feet and finally let go of her hands, reluctantly. Y/N awkwardly dusted herself off and cleared her throat "So, what's the plan, cupid?" she gave him a wry smile.

"I'm sorry to interrupt such a touching moment but, DO YOU GUYS WANT TO GET OUT OR WHAT?!" Said a voice with a twinge of annoyance.

Y/N looked back with a start and saw a familiar blood red pupil with a lock of snow white hair falling over it peeking through a small gap in the now blocked window. Deimos rolled his eyes sarcastically "If I didn't know any better Y/N, I would say that you like the idiot," his voice drawled.

Y/N clenched her fists "Watch what you say creep! Not so long ago, you were harassing girls just like your brother!"  Deimos flinched "You know I didn't!" his voice sounded surprisingly wounded "Not to you!" his eyes were glazed over.

Y/N's voice developed a sarcastic tone once more "Oh! I feel so special!" Deimos struggled to come up with an answer "Well-... well you should!" came his flustered reply. There was an awkward pause and Pit looked from Y/N to Deimos in suspicion "Who's the 'idiot'?" the angel asked.

Y/N slapped her forehead and sighed, Deimos exclaimed "See? Point proven! You really need to have standards, Y/N. Get better taste in men," he added. Y/N scoffed "And I assume you have those so called 'standards'?" she does quotation marks, ignoring Deimos's gasp of pain "And who said I liked him?!" she continues.

"Uh, Guys?" Pit waved "Hades is literally right outside, so could we wrap things up?" Deimos nods, clearing his throat and regaining his composture "Right," and he clapped his hands sending the rocks hurtling.

Y/N and Pit shielded their eyes from the dust and when they looked up they saw a clear window and Deimos standing on the balcony. Pit looked at him in jealousy "I wish I was a god..." he murmured, Y/N sniffed "Show off!"

Deimos was just about to leave but Y/N grabbed his wrist "Wait!" the young god turned around and raised a brow. Y/N let go "I need Messorem, but I left the oar inside the temple..." she looked away in embarrassment, not wanting to ask him for more help "One last favour...?" she whispered.

A smile creeped up Deimos's face "One last favour." he repeated firmly.

Pit put a hand on Y/N's shoulder possesively "I'll take care of Hades and distract him, you get your oar!" He walked up to the balcony. "LADY PALUTENA! POWER OF FLIGHT!" He yelled and his feathers glowed a bright green colour. 

He turned before he took off "And Deimos?" Deimos looked back at him "Yeah?" Pit looked back at the sky "Take care of Y/N." and then he jumped.

Deimos and Y/N ran to the balcony to see if Pit was okay. As they did, Pit flew past them, his white, dove feathers falling in the melancholy breeze against the darkening, night sky.

Y/N watched after him, feeling worry clenching her heart. 'It's okay,' she told her self 'he'll have Palutena and emo Pit' she tried to reassure herself. Deimos held his hand out "Hold on," he said "We're gonna fly."

"Fly?!" Y/N snapped "How are we gonna fly?!" Deimos shushed her "Just trust me," he breathed in her ear. Y/N jerked away from him "Why're you being so weird today- weirder than usual?" she kept her voice level.

"What are you talking about?" he had a coy smile "I'm exactly the same Deimos as before," he winked. Y/N wrinkled her nose "You can say that again, the Deimos who stalked me." Deimos threw hands "OH MY GOD, Y/N!" he snapped "Can't you interpret things the right way?!"

"There was a right way to interpret that?" Y/N asked innocently. Deimos sighed "Just hold my hand, goddamnit!" his voice was annoyed and he glared at her.

Y/N put her hand in his, it felt cold. Then again, it was usual, he was the god of terror after all. Y/N secretly suspected that he was cold blooded or something. She looked at him, his crimson eyes stared back.

"And Y/N?"

"Yeah?"

"You don't need to ask me for favours."

When Y/N tilted her head, Deimos explained "We've been through a lot together. I owe it to you. I'd do anything for you."

When Y/N laughed, Deimos added,

"Literally."

AN:

Thank you so much if you have reached this far! this book has about 5 more chapters left! I love Deimos so much so I might write a bonus chapter that's a DeimosxY/N or something. I'm 3 votes away from 300! Thanks so much and stay safe!

-Wishiwashi