Chapter 9 - On my mind

It was a few weeks later and I missed Leah so much, I don't know why but she was all I could think about. I decided not to act on it though as it could just cause me to do something I would of deeply regretted.

Me and Guro we're getting ready to leave for training when my phone started ringing, I looked down at the unknown number and answered "hello," I said down the phone "hello Ella this is Sarina wiegman, i calling you in regards to the euros team. I've seen you play and you performed amazingly at camp so I would like to invite you to be a part of the euros squad." She said and I was stunned I didn't know what to say or how to react, "it would be an honour, thank you." I said barely being able to go rain my excitement. "Good I will send you some kit and see you in a week, good bye," she said "bye," I answered as I hung up the phone

Guro was staring at me waiting to speak "so?" She asked and I jumped up and down with excitement  "I'm going to the euros!" I exclaimed as she hugged me "I'm so proud, I can't wait to play against you," she said and I just laughed "well I hate to break it to you but when we do play you we are going to win," I said and she hit me on the arm before we both walked out the door.

When we arrived at the training ground I saw a very exited Beth England running towards me "Ella, Ella, I got into the euros squad, I got in." She shouted as she came running towards me engulfing me in a massive hug "and guess who else did," I said and she immediately looked at me "omg we are going to the euros together!" She shouted and we walked into training together with Guro joking saying how England we're going to beat Norway but she was set that they would beat us.

Once training had finished me and Guro headed home and watched a movie while having dinner "what will you do if we do beat you?" I asked and Guro looked at me obviously confused that I had randomly bought it up "What do you mean?" She said "like if we beat you, we will still be ok and we will still be friends." I said and she gave me a reassuring look "of corse we will, unless you give me a horrible tackle." She said joking on the last part lightening the mood. Once we had finished watching our film we both went to bed.

I woke up the next morning and had a day off so I decided to go out with some friends, I texted Millie and Beth and they immediately replied and said they would invite some other people. I got ready and invited Guro aswell and we went to meet up with the others at a cafe.

Once we got there I immediately saw Millie sat at a table with Beth mead, Beth England and someone else who I was pretty sure was Lisa Evans. We walked over to the table and took a seat, I introduced myself to Lisa and said hi to Meado, Beth and Millie.

We started light conversation about what we had been up to and I was really enjoying getting to know Lisa, she was very kind and fun to be around. After chatting for about thirty minutes out food came out and I had a chicken cesar salad. As I was eating I got into a conversation with Lisa, she was very kind and she made me feel relaxed and safe talking to her.

"So where are you from?" She asked me "I'm from Norfolk, how about you?" I answered before turning the question to her. I was loving getting to know her and I didn't really know why I was so interested in her and none of my other friends on this table "I'm from Perth," she answered and we kept asking each other questions forgetting everyone else was there, it was like we had This special connection.

Once we had finished our food we all started to get up and head out but Lisa stopped me and gave me a napkin with her phone number on it "text me sometime maybe," she said as she walked away.

"Someone's moving fast," Guro said as I got into the drivers seat of the car. "It's not like that she just,, j don't know, makes me feel different," I said driving away "someone's got a crush," Guro said teasing me and I just ignored her.

As soon as I got home I went on my phone, put in Lisa's number and texted her.

Ella- hey Lisa it's Ella !

Lisa-hey Ella are you ok?

Ella-yeah are you?

Lisa- I'm really bored i have nothing to do.

Ella- same wanna call?

Lisa- sure!

I immediately pressed the FaceTime button and she answered, I smiled when I saw her face, "hey, what are you up to?" She said and I was immediately pulled into a long conversation with her about everything and nothing.

After being on call for about three hours we finally hung up as we both had to get some dinner and Guro had just called me for mine.

I walked into the kitchen and Guro was sat at the kitchen "who were you on the phone to?" She said teasing me as she already knew who, my face immediately went red "shut up," I said getting embarrassed. "It's ok you deserve to be happy after what's been going on recently it makes me happy." She said and I smiled at her I was so thankful to have a friend like her who always looked out for me and cared for me.

After we finished eating we cleaned up the kitchen and Guro was washing the dishes and splashed me by mistake. I splashed her back and she splashed me, I then threw a whole glass of water at her and ran off through the house. She started chasing me "get back here," she shouted while she was soaking wet "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, wait, wait." I shouted while running away from her. She eventually caught up to me and knocked me over and we both just lay on the floor dying with laughter.

After we had calmed down we went to get changed and started watching a series on Netflix. When I started to get tired I headed to bed but before I could I saw Guro sleeping on the sofa next to me, I shook her awake and she opened her eyes but instantly fell back to sleep, "Guro wake up!" I shouted and her eyes shot open "you fell asleep and wouldn't wake up," I said and she just she just groaned and walked off to bed "goodnight to you too," I said jokingly and she stuck her middle finger up behind her.

I went off to bed but before I fell asleep my phone vibrated I looked over and immediately smiled when I saw the name, Lisa.

Lisa - goodnight sleep well!

Ella-goodnight speak to you tomorrow.

After that I fell asleep happy.

A/n hey just trying to play catch-up on missing out on loads of chapters the past few weeks so i thought I would give you all an extra one today, hope you enjoyed this chapter. Thank you for all the comments and votes on the last chapter it means a lot. Have a good rest of your day!