17:over

Pretend ...

A small word which can ruin a person to the point where lies will appear to be truth. When the facade ends up being a habit, it stops appearing to be facade .. it will be real .

The poker face has become an only expression taehyung ever knew . Others disappeared from his dictionary after minjeong's engagement. The only other thing he does is crying at night with a glass of scotch .

Two days off seven passed in blink and taehyung felt like walking towards hell each passing minute. There was a hollow in his voice whenever he spoke. Words appeared to be meaninging less.

" sir , the staff is waiting in the board room " his secretary announced leaving the door open upon his nod.

Meetings once excited him to work harder and make this company a big name but at the moment the person he sacrificed for the name is more fascinating than business plans.

Taehyung entered the room to find jungkook sitting in the place of his department head with hyungsik to his side . He gritted his teeth in anger taking a brief look of the duo who stood facing him .

" take a seat all of you" taehyung ordered and sat at the end.

The meeting went smoothly except for taehyung boring eyes on hyungsik every time he initiated a skinshop with jungkook and what angered him is the way younger allowed him to .

Every moment resulted in an ordeal and every second he was close to knocking down hyungsik flat .

When everyone  left hyungsik prefered to stay along with forcing jungkook to accompany him .

" I have tell you something taehyung " hyungsik said sitting erect and pulling an envelope from a file .

" I think I had enough training here .. Its time for me to leave " hyungsik said and looked down to his lap .

Taehyung eyed Jung kook who also looked back only to break the contact after few seconds .

" what's wrong " hyungsik seemed to notice their fierce eye battle.

" fine.. I'll pass your resignation " taehyung said accepting the envelope .

" thank you for everything bro" hyungsik patted other 's back twice with a sweet smile.

" and he is leaving too " hyungsik added pointing his finger rowrads jungkook .

" I have passed his resignation " taehyung said with effort . His eyes were red from both the anger and sadness.

" okay then will go back to work " hyungsik said getting up from his place.

" Mr Kim you stay " taehyung ordered getting a confused look from hyungsik.

"I'll see you at lunch " jungkook smiled at hyungsik who reluctantly departed .

" what's happening " taehyung growled.

" what do you mean .. what's happening " jungkook questioned in confusion. The fury in taehyung 's eyes gave an indication of something worse to happen.

" why are you playing games jungkook... you want Me to regret abandoning you.. Then here Iam already crying tears of blood every night... " taehyung stood as he raised voice. Thankfully the room was soundproof.

" what... what are you trying to prove " jungkook stood facing taehyung.

" you are leaving my company because you wanna join his and you ... you induced him to drop his job " taehyung laughed folding his hands . He was shaking in anger.

" shall i clap on your research.. That's all you know about me " jungkook chuckled clapping his hands.

" jungkook please.. don't make do something that will hurt you" taehyung stood impossibly close to Jungkook.

" I dont expect anything but hurt from you" jungkook said maintaining an eye contact with older and also pushing other to maintain a fair distance .

" do you really like him or you are playing with his feelings to watch me suffer " taehyung questioned again and this time jungkook pushed other hard.

" if i wished to see you suffer I would never have left this job... Taehyung we are over.. what part of this is hard for you to understand " jungkook yelled hitting his hands on table .

" Jung kook you still like me I know ... stop going out with hyungsik "taehyung ordered leaving jungkook speechless.

" that's a nice joke.. I want to move on ... and this is what you also wished for me "jungkook asked after whole one minute.

" I have changed my Brain" taehyung shook his head .

" listen Mr Kim taehyung ... its jeon jungkook now.. even if you come back crawling to me for another chance with your  petty family I ain't gonna accept you ... I gave you enough chances and we are over.. over.. There is no place for you left in my heart... whether I like hyungsik or not that's my problem not yours ... if I find you cornering me again I'll report to police for harassment... Mark it " jungkook pushed other and collected his belongings.

" jungkook wait "taehyung held his hand . This time his voice was soft .

" iam sorry ... please dont say there is no hope left " taehyung sounded vulnerable.  This obviously made jungkook hard not to hug other.

" I prefer no lies " jungkook said taking deep breath and pulling his hand .

" jungkook please.... Iam sorry .. I should not have said any of that " taehyung followed .

" fine.. I'll let it pass this last time .. let's not see each other again... goodbye " jungkook took a better look of other and left the room with heavy heart.

Goodbyes are hard for jungkook but this one was hardest. It for sure picked the heaviness off his heart but replaced it with hollow.

The next five days jungkook didn't show his face to taehyung and silently left the office with his belongings.

It hurt not to see taehyung around but he knows it will hurt more to see taehyung as not his husband.  He will endure the pain till it will disappear with time and hyungsik.

He will learn to love hyungsik morever he will learn to move on from taehyung.

Why waste your life on a man who considers you nothing but an asset..

Who will never give you a name in front of world.

Who will run away when asked for help.

Who will only play with words !!!

A/N: short one !! Because from next chapter jungkook will start a new life. It's like a part 2.

Thank you soo much for 2.5K+ reads !

If possible check my interview account @kooksheartandsoul. Will see you there

29 10 2022