Chapter 25- Watching Maxon for a Day

-Chapter 25~ Watching Maxon for a Day-

Tobias' Pov

"Okay, so here's his diaper bad. There are diapers, wipes, and baby powder in this section of the bag," Lynn starts, showing Tris and I where the diapers are kept. "In this section there are some snacks incase he gets hungry, as well as some toys for if he gets bored."

Tris and I nod, processing everything Lynn is saying and trying to remember where everything is.

"Thank you guys so much for doing this!" Lynn says.

"No problem," Tris responds. "Plus, we love spending time with our little Maxon!"

"Okay, bye baby boy," Lynn says, kissing Maxon's forehead. "Uncle Four and Aunt Tris are going to watch you for the day so I can spend some alone time with daddy. I'll be back soon, don't worry."

Maxon lets out a little squeal as his mother kisses his forehead. He surprisingly dosen't cry or anything when his mother leaves, instead he looks up at Tris who is currently holding him.

Once Lynn leaves, I take the diaper bag and place it on the couch.

Tris sets Maxon on the ground and walks over to the diaper bag, pulling out a small, blue elephant toy and handing to to him. Maxon happily grabs the toy and starts waving it around in the air.

Today Tris and I are in charge of watching Maxon while Lynn and Al have some alone time. Neither of us had work so we happily agreed to watch the now six-month-old baby. It will also give us practice for when we hopefully have children of our own in the future.

I sit on the ground next to Maxon and watch him play with the blue elephant toy. He's smiling happily, free from all problems and unaware of any problems existing in the world.

Maxon takes the elephant and throws it across the room.

"Here you go buddy." Tris says, retrieving the elephant and handing it back to the baby.

"No!" Maxon says, throwing the elephant again. Although he can say very few words, 'No' is defiantly in his small vocabulary.

"Okay fine," Tris says, giving up and not wanting to fight with a baby. She reaches into the diaper bag and pulls out a children's book. "How about we try reading a story?"

Maxon crawls over to Tris and climbs into her lap, clearly wanting to be read to.

"In the great green room there was a telephone and a red balloon and a picture of the cow jumping over the moon," She begins. I move closer to Tris so I can also hear her reading the story. I look at the cover of the book which reads, 'Goodnight Moon by Margaret Wise Brown.' The cover features a children's bedroom with a large window that shows the moon. There is also a fireplace on the cover, a picture of a cow jumping over the moon above the mantle.

"And there were three little bears sitting on chairs

And two little kittens

And a pair of mittens

And a little toy house

And a young mouse

And a comb and a brush and a bowl full of mush

And a quiet old lady who was whispering 'hush'

Goodnight room

Goodnight moon."

Before Tris continues reading she glances down at Maxon who is now sleeping in her arms. She shuts the book and hands it to me. I then place the book in the diaper bag while she picks up Maxon and carries him into the guest room.