Chapter 22: Good

"So this is it. This is everything I know." John gestures to the paper covered walls. Alexis glances around. It totally didn't make him seem insane. "Look, our whole lives, we've been searching for this demon. Right? Not a trace. Just nothing. Until a year ago."

The stabbing pain in Alexis' chest grew.

"For the first time, I picked up a trail." John continues.

"When you took off." Dean states.

"Yeah, that's right. The demon must have come out of hiding or hibernation."

"Alright, so what's this trail you found?" Dean asks.

"Starts in Arizona, then New Jersey, California. Houses burned down to the ground. Its going after families, just like it went after us."

"Families with infants?" Sam questions.

"Yeah. The night of the kids 6 month birthday."

"I was six months that night?"

"Exactly six months."

"So, basically, this demon is going after these kids for some reason." Sam scoffs. "Same way it came for me? So, moms death, Jessica, its all cause of me."

"We don't know that, Sam." Dean glances at his brother.

"Oh, really? I'd say we're pretty damn sure."

"For the last time, what happened is not your fault."

"Yeah, you're right. Its not my fault, but its my problem." Sam yells. Alexis continues to stare out of the window, halfway listening to the conversation. She shouldn't be here. The all of a sudden Alexis hears it. Something she hasn't heard in years. The faint whispers of a familiar voice. 'My little defender', the voice seems to swirl around her.

Alexis was pulled into a memory. One she didn't know she had.

Alexis looks around, suddenly in her childhood bedroom. She looks around, the room was dark. She heard the distant sound of the front door closing. Then the sound of the creaking floorboards grabs her attention. She jerks her head to the window to see a figure standing there, waving at someone outside.

"Hey." Alexis calls out, her own voice suppressed. She glances down at herself, she looks almost translucent. She looks back up to see the man who stood at he window start to walk toward the crib. Her crib. Alexis turns to the window to see her mother walking away, but she knew her mom had seen the man in her window.

"Oh, my god." She mutters in disbelief. She turns around to see the man towering over her younger self.

Alexis walks closer to the man, trying to get a glimpse of who he was. The only thing she could make out was the bright yellow eyes, starring into the six month old child's eyes. Alexis gasps.

"You have a big future ahead of you, little one. You have a important job." The man smiles sickly at the baby in the crib. The man then pulls a vile of blood from his coat pocket. He uncaps the vile, tilting so the blood drips out into six month old Alexis' mouth.

And with that he's gone. Alexis backs away. "What the fuck?" She whispers before she's pulled into a different place. A place two and a half years later. She looks around the room. The man who had been in her room was now standing over a different crib, but instead of a vile of blood, this time the man takes a claw and slits his own wrist, letting the blood drop in the baby's mouth.

Alexis looks around the room. She knew this place. It was Sam's nursery. Just then Mary Winchester ran in. The next thing Alexis knew was the bright yellow and orange. Then there was the unbearable heat. Alexis could feel the flames licking at her arms and face, enveloping her body.