Prologue

Ka'marius POV (Pronunciation is Ka-mar-e-us I put this here because truth be told I make confusing names sometimes based off my own name and I have to start putting pronunciation guides sometimes)

Year:Unknown, but during the 40th millennium 

Location:Terra, order of the bloody rose fort in the mountains of Tibet

(Oh and one more thing, chapter published November 6th US Eastern 2022 and I would appreciate criticism on this chapter and I mean storywise and other things not pointing out every grammar error you catch.)

The Galaxy is so large... From the stories I hear it's a scary place and they say that all of the xenos are out for us, they wish to exterminate us... They say they are inferior, but I don't have a place to speak on that.

Ka'marius:I wonder what those days were like...

The empire still spans over many planets... From soldiers of the battle sister, especially the order of the scarlet rose I have heard stories of battle and they speak like its glorious... They take pride in battle but from what they describe it sounds terrifying and something I never wanna experience... Then again, I suppose that is why I am here.

The bloody rose took me in after I was kicked out of a program for future guardsmen, as for why I was kicked out... Failure to adapt and I am considered a coward and while I am grateful the sisters of battle took me in they do not like me, majority if not all of them are from noble families throughout the empire and well... I am not allowed to do many things.

That includes... Attending prayer alongside them, entering the inner sanctum, eating in the main hall and more.

As for what I do, I mostly clean armor, weapons and blades and it's a hard task as the armor is thick and I mostly clean the armor after missions... I have only gone on a mission once with the scarlet rose to put down insurgents and rebels and the armor... It... It was covered in so much blood I almost vomited from the sight itself.

Ka'marius:It's about 9 now, about time I start the day... Wait... No... No it's late!

The sisters usually get up early for morning prayer and training and by early and I am statt to be up at around 7 to work!

Ka'marius:A-Alright maybe they didn't notice I was gone and I can-

Julane:Hmph..

A-Ah... When I look over I see Palatine Julane, a fairly tall woman with a muscular figure, pale skin and long black hair... And i suppose the person i work under.

Immediately I bow my head in apology to the palatine and she is clearly disappointed, though I am not looking at her face I can feel her glare.

Julane:You should be grateful to be on holy terra, let alone in a holy place blessed by the emperor where his knights and daughters linger.

Ka'marius:I am-

Julane:Quiet.

She looks like she is about to say something else, but all of a sudden she stops and sighs before turning around.

Julane:Do not let it happen again... Today you're duties won't be the same, instead you are assigned to new sisters who arrived this morning to

Ka'marius:W-Wait but I am not apart of the-

Julane:I know... As of now veterans of the commandery are away and the commander canoness is returning today.

Ka'marius:W-Wait what do I-

Julane:It is simple, tell them their schedules, show them our company facilities and the purpose of them all, that is your assignment until we return. Do you understand?